Anyone running wheel spacers? pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping to have someone post pics showing how far the wheels stick out on an 80 with wheel spacers.

I've always thought the 35s I have look a little tucked in, especially with the stock fender flares on, and the widened stance should give me a better sense of stability on the road, especially since I have both front and rear swaybars removed.

Whats the max wheel spacer I can run with my lift and 315 Nitto Terra Grapplers without having the tires rip off the flares? I do have the stock LX450 rims.

IMG_0117.jpg

If they stick-out, won't you have problems clearing the fender lip when you "stuff"?

If they stick-out, won't you have problems clearing the fender lip when you "stuff"?

Depends on how much. I never have though I am not running 35s yet. I may find I have to trim when I get my new tires. Hope not.

The top of the tire shifts inside when the suspension rides up just like the top of the tire shifts outside when the suspension rides down.

Right now I'm running 1" spacers and think they're perfect (for me). Strangely enough, I don't have a straight on pic for you to see. My 315's rubbed without the spacers and they rub with the spacers. I'm not worried about ripping off any parts as I can tell where the rubbing is taking place. I'm running a 6" lift. Here's the best pic I have for now:

Edit: I didn't address the stability issue. I felt no difference in stability when I added the spacers. I don't have swaybars either. I'm sure that it is more stable but the very nature of the swaybar removal keeps you from being able to feel a difference. You go around a turn and no matter how stable your frame is on the tires, the body roll will be the same.
IMG_3186.jpg

Last edited:
I am running 1.5 spacers all around. Been on the rig for about a year now and everything is good to go.

The first shot is before the 1.5 inch spacer and the second shot is with the 1.5 spacer on.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom