Another, WHAT IS THIS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I was talking to a buddy of mine about my FJ projects and FJ's in general. He said you need a bigger tow rig. We walked to his back yard and said this is what you need. He was going to make a water truck out of it but the wheel base is too short for any sizable tank.

It has a small chevy I-6 in it. It has the old GM 2 1/2 Ton axles front and rear. It has 6 or so shift levers on the passenger side floor board area. I does have provision for a Rear PTO. it as all the BlackOut light still on it. It runs great, top speed is 55. Towing with its will not be a problem since that is the limit in CA when towing anyway.

What is it? He wants $700 obo.

The guy on the top picture is about 6' tall.
Tow Rig.jpg
Tow Rig 2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe an M-37 or a modified 2-1/2 ton ; probably dodge.

$700 doesn't get you much on that rig..

Not worth it IMHO

No they didn't. But they did have six cylinder motors that looked a lot like a chevy..

looks like an open cab ww2 deuce and a half missing a rear axle. either somebody bobbed it or it was a variant. is the rear pto maybe for the original driveshaft to the rear axle?
id_cckw_full.jpg

Cruiser body and a 5th hitch, sweet tow rig.Good thing i need less projects,cause i see a dream truck.

there are a load of those rusting away up here, leftover from the building of the alaska hwy and canol road in the 40s
005689.jpg

I guess this is a bit bigger than yours, but there is one just around the corner from my house that is a single rear axle, dump body, with dual tires front and back, I could get a picture if anyone's interested, it's pretty much complete, and pretty darned cool!

That sure looks like a tug for moving aircraft.

wow, a forum devoted to deuce and a half trucks. ain't the interweb grand. someone should post up the photo there.

The website for actual military auctions is http://www.govliquidation.com/vehicles.html. 2 1/2 & 5 tons are always on there. Never seems close by however and if you want to check them out first need someone with an Military Id card. My friend up in Appleton Wi looks on there but he only wants the rockwells (axels) for his monster and doesn't want to tavel half way across the county for them.

He is down to $500.00
Holy Crap Animal!
So you buy that thing, drag it home, I want to know how you are going to get it past the war department?

It ain't something you can hide in the corner of the garage......

Holy Crap Animal!
So you buy that thing, drag it home, I want to know how you are going to get it past the war department?

It ain't something you can hide in the corner of the garage......

I'm already in deep she-it with the Mrs. I bought and brought another vehicle home last night. It is black and it was dark so she didn't notice right a way.

I had my 16' trailer with me so I told her it followed me home.

After she did the walk around of the vehicle she made me watch 2 episode of Dressage Unlimited with her while we we eating dinner.

OBO?
Too bad your so far away, I have a trailer you could use.

The horn on the fender looks like the same on my old 47 Studebaker p/u.

I've got a friend who has a Korean war era ambulance (like the ones on Mash).
Fully restored, nice rig.

What about a trade, does he need a chainsaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom