Fj60 Carberator Questions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering purchasing a rebuilt carb for my 87 FJ60. I have found a good price at Cruiserparts.net. Who is this Jim C. I have seen mentioned regarding Carbs? Thanks, t

Imagine the Keebler Elf but surounded by carbs.

Mail direct fj40jim@aol.com

cant say enough good stuff about the carb he did for me! My 60 gets 100mpg and has 250 hp!;) Seroiusly, it came back clean and perfectly tuned. $300.00 included return shipping.
Toad

Don't buy one

If you have a stock carb, just get yours rebuilt. Jim C. is a great choice.

All of this praising Jim has got me seriously considering sending my stock carburetor in:D

Jim C. CARB

I know I am new but who is JIM C. ?? Thank you

Jim is currently rebuilding a 3rd carb for me. That is a far better option than buying from Cruiserparts. Highly reccomended.

How long does it usually take to get your carb back from Jim C? My rig is a daily driver, so it can't sit for too long before my wife gets sick of carting me around.

Are you able to bolt the carb back on and see imediate improvements or will it require some tuning after being bolted on? I was thinking about taking my rig to a local shop that did a good job with a friends 60.

How long does it usually take to get your carb back from Jim C? My rig is a daily driver, so it can't sit for too long before my wife gets sick of carting me around.

Are you able to bolt the carb back on and see imediate improvements or will it require some tuning after being bolted on? I was thinking about taking my rig to a local shop that did a good job with a friends 60.

Ask Jim-Turn around varies.

Mine have come back ready to go.

I sent mine to Jim about 4 weeks ago. When I spoke with him he said that it would be around 3 weeks. I called to check on the status early this week and Jim told me that he's a little behind.

He told me that my carb would ship out hopefully today and that it should be in LA sometime next week.

When I initially emailed to inquire about sending my carb. Jim asked me a few questions about how I was using my rig. He said he knows exactly what to do with it and make sure it passes CA smog.

I'm looking forward to having my new carb installed. My mechanic will be tuning the engine when he takes the existing carb off.

From what I've gathered on this forum there's been nothing but praise for Jim C. and his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom