Pulled the trigger on first 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4 months ago i convinced my mother in law to purchase a 97 lx 450 w/ 120k for 12k. she has always had suburbans, this would be her first non- suburban shes ever had. within 2 weeks it over heated, duue to the exorbant amount of crud in the radiator, $200 later and a clean radiator, she never developed the confidence in the rig it deserved....so, i offered a trade, my 03 suburban LT plus 10k cash. Now i have a paid for lx, and a newly paid for 01 integra gsr :D . oh yeah, during post trade detailing, factory lockers. So now what? Rubicon?

This story sounds familiar :rolleyes:

Did your mother-in-law also lock the keys in the LX450 at one time?

Your '03 Suburban is only worth 2K? :eek:

Well sounds like this was your plan all along. At least that is what my wife would say. Welcome!

Congrats.

Was that your plan all along????

I probably would have used the 10k in cash to mod it into an absolute monster, but another car would have been good as well.

sj

congrats and welcome :flipoff2:

Welcome!

you came out ahead! :)

Welcome!:flipoff2:

yes, she did lock the keys in the car, part of the "issues" she had with it....as for the integra, i already had it was making payments on it, took the 10k and paid it off.....ive had it 4 days now and am amazed that even my wife has noticed the difference in quality between two. With 2x the miles and wear, is more solid with better fit and fnish. i have no doubt that Lx will be on the road long after that subby has met the compactor. i hope i have it for a while and am glad you all are here for support.

pushing relatives into a car line that they aren't familiar with is risky business. My sister in law is looking into a new car and as much as I think she would be better off with a Toyota my lips are sealed.

That's some dangerous land to walk.

dude you are brave... the only thing I recommend to my mother in law is sleeping pills.

Three weeks in front of a gas station with $993 in the window & not one person has asked about my Suburban. No disrespect, but can I get in touch with your mother in law?? Welcome!

So she gave you 10K and the LX for your Suburban??? I am confused.

Congrats on the new aquisition! :)

I live my LX450 and it has 150K miles on it. At about 145K miles I installed the OME 2.5" lift with Slee front 1" uerathane spacers. Best improvement I've done to the truck yet. The ride quality is better and the increased ground clearance was a necessity.

I plan to drive this sucker well past 200K miles with confidence and basic maintenance.

yeah, the subby was "worth" 22k, the lx was a bargain at 12k, she paid me the difference, and we exchanged keys, still gotta figure out the dmv papers, im pretty sure we just "gift" the cars to eachother....what kind of cash am i lookin at for the suspesion mod?

yeah, the subby was "worth" 22k, the lx was a bargain at 12k, she paid me the difference, and we exchanged keys, still gotta figure out the dmv papers, im pretty sure we just "gift" the cars to eachother....what kind of cash am i lookin at for the suspesion mod?

You made it sound like you paid her 10 grand at first. It sounds to me like you pulled a pretty sweet maneuver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom