Speed Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone know the part number that converts my mechanical speedo to an electric/pulse based one in my stock '66 transfer case? Is there a Chevy part that works?

Peter

No, this is currently carbureted. But the engine will change to TPI eventually. For now it is just running an Autometer Speedo.

Peter

as isotel said www.jagsthatrun.com has the VSS and www.downeyoffraod.com has one too. just make sure what wave patern (pulse) you need and if metric or sae. and also for the TPI you will have to make sure your speedo cable is turning 1000 rev's at 60 miles per hour to get the engine to run correctly if you are running anything other then stock tires. a speedometer shop can set you up for that, they will need to know tire size and gearing to build you a converter that goes in between the VSS and your tcase. oh and buy the book on the conversion (TPI) from jags that run, tons of good info and part numbers too. oh and no chevy one that will work that i have found yet. jags part # 2PRS-TOY is two pulse and # 4PAC-TOY is the four pulse one.

Last edited:
Autometer 5245. I bought mine at a local hotrod shop. Somewhere on this board I have a thread with pics.

I saw the other thread on the Marlin one. I've bought it. I'll check out the autometer part just to be complete.

Peter

Phil, (DiHrdBowTi) sent me the information below. I called these guys and they are awesome. You can ask for Judi.... she is an impressive wealth of information.
Good luck.
Scott

DiHrdBowTi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Scott,
Thanks
Phil

NEVADA SPEEDOMETER
878 MARIETTA WAY
SPARKS, NV 89431
Phone: 775-358-7422
Fax: 775-358-7488
E-mail: nvspeedo@att.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom