My first Piggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My first 40

Hope this is the right place, This is G from San Joser I just bought my red 63 FJ40 for 4500, original paint, pretty good but the rust is just starting to get at everything as I got it from some dude in the city by the ocean. It has a 'vette motor, 3 speed turbo 350 trans, reversed front shackles, 4" spring lift? Still sprung under, power steering, front disk, f'd camber, it has like an inch of toe but dances like a drunk bear on highway ruts, could this be the loose tie rod ? Great potential but no follow thru, wiring is tweaker fab special, brakes not working right, carb secondaries not dialed, carb choke needs tweaking, headlights sometimes? work. ( do the pull switches go bad or is there a relay for the Hella headlights? (running lights work consistently. I think it needs a head to toe teflon rewire with heat stink and wp connectors, has a teeny short somewhere with key out. Nothing a little TLC cant fix. Other than that it gives me a big sheeyot eating grin every time I drive it. Thanks for all you posts, I actually knew what to look for after lurking here for a couple of days. Looking forward to pissing yall off with stupid questions soon!:flipoff2:

Last edited:
When you want to replace that wonderful wiring nightmare you've gotten yourself into, go with EZwiring.com, their prices are half that of Painless and you get the same quality. As for the steering, are you still running the stock config or did the PO convert to Saginaw? When you say F'd camber what do you mean, maybe post some pics...:D. Can't wait to see what your new ride looks like.

Welcome to Mud,
Kevin

You need to change the threads name theres no pig content. I got my hopes all up for nothing. Congrats on the 40 though.

x3 on Clemson55

The term "Piggy" when talking LandCruisers refers ONLY to the FJ55 model.

oops not a pig, here are some pics of the beastly beastie.

:doh:My apologies, I dont how to change the original thread title, here are some pics. Just back from vehicle recovery due to dirty carb circuits. I love my wife, she carries a tow strap at all times.
myfjmid.jpg
fjmotor.jpg
fjdash.jpg
fjfront.jpg

Ahaa, I poked around a little, and I have 7.5* of Negative Caster, the PO put the al shim the wrong way, prolly assuming it was to correct pumpkin angle. I think once I remove it (shim) It will sit around 0, maybe 2* pos, perfect. Thanks for the tip, more tomorrow once I finish removing the shims and go for a test crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom