1998 GX FJ80, Diesel?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in Russia for a few years and looking for a Cruiser. I am looking at new LC100s but came across an ad for a 1998 FJ80 4.2 diesel, manual shift cruiser.

I thought the FJ was only built until 1997. What gives? I do seem to recall that in some countries the FJ80 was continued after 1997 where the body of the FJ80 was place on the LC100 chassis. Could this be one of them? Anyone have any info on these?

Thanks.

Adrian

I don't know if this helps, but the picture is of a 100 series. I think it is just mislabeled. The last 80 should have been produced in '97. For some reason, however, the weels on it are from an 80. But, that is about it.

At least in Japan you could still get an 80 in '98.

I am in Russia for a few years and looking for a Cruiser. I am looking at new LC100s but came across an ad for a 1998 FJ80 4.2 diesel, manual shift cruiser.

I thought the FJ was only built until 1997. What gives? I do seem to recall that in some countries the FJ80 was continued after 1997 where the body of the FJ80 was place on the LC100 chassis. Could this be one of them? Anyone have any info on these?

Thanks.

Adrian

Well if it was an FJ it would have the F motor which was discontinued in 93 and if its a diesel it would have to be HZJ 80 or HDJ 80 if its turboed so there is all sorts of mistakes in the ad.
There is talk that the 105 series sits on a chassis very similar to a 80 series chassis because they both have the solid axle.

You could probably still buy an 80 series in 98. They dont stop building them on news years eve:D

Tell the owner you want the info off the aluminim plate on the firewall.

At least in Japan you could still get an 80 in '98.

Same here .. but in venezuela you can get a 2006 80 :D

I don't know if this helps, but the picture is of a 100 series. I think it is just mislabeled. The last 80 should have been produced in '97. For some reason, however, the weels on it are from an 80. But, that is about it.

Picture is an 80 for me....

What specifically should I ask for off of the plate on the firewall? Is there something there that will tell me immediately what kind of beast it is?

Well if it was an FJ it would have the F motor which was discontinued in 93 and if its a diesel it would have to be HZJ 80 or HDJ 80 if its turboed so there is all sorts of mistakes in the ad.
There is talk that the 105 series sits on a chassis very similar to a 80 series chassis because they both have the solid axle.

You could probably still buy an 80 series in 98. They dont stop building them on news years eve:D

Tell the owner you want the info off the aluminim plate on the firewall.

What specifically should I ask for off of the plate on the firewall? Is there something there that will tell me immediately what kind of beast it is?

The firewall plate should "tell all":

10982-21.jpg

I don't to ambush nor start a different thread- but my concern is somehow related. Moderator - please feel free to transfer/delete this post.

My Frame Number = HDJ81-0005095. Based on the russian website where you can check production dates based on FrameNo, the Prod Date of my LC = October 1990. Does this make my LC a 1991 release or still a 1990 release.

Thanks,

I don't to ambush nor start a different thread- but my concern is somehow related. Moderator - please feel free to transfer/delete this post.

My Frame Number = HDJ81-0005095. Based on the russian website where you can check production dates based on FrameNo, the Prod Date of my LC = October 1990. Does this make my LC a 1991 release or still a 1990 release.

A 90 is the year it was manufactured so its a 90.
Car yards often advertise vehicles like that as "1st lic in 91"

In earlier models they sometimes re issued the aluminium plate and and made them up to 2 years younger. I doubt they could get away with that now:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom