I am now slidered. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slidered.
Slid.
Slider-equipped.

Fellow-MUDder, Skim was kind enough to sell me his lovingly well-used 1st generation Hanna Quality sliders. Another fellow MUDder and Wasatch Cruisers member, Cruisermon, even did me the favor of picking up the sliders from Skim and driving them back to SLC for me.
Thanks guys.

The sliders are impressive, to say the least.
Burly is an understatement, as is well-designed and made.

I spent a couple hours grinding away the surface rust with a hand grinder and wire brush wheel, and touching up the paint with a can o' Rustoleum.
Good as new.

They mounted right up as advertised. I had to make some minor adjustments to the brake lines on the drivers side frame, and I added some pieces of cut-in-half rubber fuel line tube to the bottom of the pinch-welds (below the doors) to cushion the contact between the sliders and the welds. Other than that, they were a piece of cake.

I can also add another foolish solo-install to my list.
Yes, I did it by myself.
Not recommended.
(But it was easier than pulling and replacing the 3rd member alone :) )

Please excuse the nasty salty road grime. It's everywhere around here this time of year.

DS%20top.jpg

PS%20bottom.jpg

DS.jpg

Now I just need to add some of my own love-scratches.

Hayes

My set is the very first set Ken sold that was shipped to a remote location for installation. I LOVE them.

Looks tough! I love having sliders, probably the most used upgrade to my rig. I used to cringe when they scaped after I first got them. Now it just makes me laugh and say "ew, that's gonna be a good one."

Looks tough! I love having sliders, probably the most used upgrade to my rig. I used to cringe when they scaped after I first got them. Now it just makes me laugh and say "ew, that's gonna be a good one."

Another benefit of buying used.
These babies are already broke-in, complete with scrapes and dents.

It also helps to know that your "broke-in" stuff is just as good as the day it left the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom