Tube Edge on Stock Fenders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ArmyFJ

Lookin’ for mud in all the wrong places.
GOLD Star
Threads
I have 4" lift and 35x12.50s and cut fenders and quarters. I don't really like the look and have new fenders and quarters to put on. I really don't want to do a body lift. (my soft top just barely misses the garage door opening as it is.) I was toying with the idea of running tube around the edge of the quarters and fenders to the frame to add strength and prevent the tires from bending them. Any one tried this? I know metal tech has some fenders but I would like to stick with the stock ones I just bought.

Matthew

why not sell the nice new fenders, and buy some metal tech Tube fenders on the front, then make your own tube for the rear.. No point in putting tube on the new ones.. Metal tech has already done all the work for you! and the cost is similar to what the new ones cost you!

Do a search for "Show me your trimmed front fenders". There's a couple of pictures of mine, not quite finished but you get the idea.:beer:

I would really just buy the fenders from metaltech and sell your new ones, mike did a great job putting his together, search for treerootCO I think he put a thread together

attachment.php

What about the front turn signals? Would they work on those?

Matthew

My lights on there now are like that. Not Toyota stuff, just some aftermarket round lights I just don't really like them. Thanks for all the input.

Matthew
vbpgimage.jpg

I cut 2" of metal off my fenders then ran 3/8" round stock along the edge and welded as is went, now I have clearence and a finished edge, the stock holds up to mild hits and functions well. The metal tech fenders are real nice too,

Why not extend your bump stops to keep the tires out of the fenders? I realize this limits flex a little, but it would allow use of the new fenders for the look you want.

Good luck

Why not extend your bump stops to keep the tires out of the fenders? I realize this limits flex a little, but it would allow use of the new fenders for the look you want.

Good luck

I did this to mine (extended them 3") as a temp fix until I get tube front guards. While it still flex's great, I can't wait to get the extensions out of there.

Heres a pic of it flexing with the 3" extended front bumpstops in.
IMG_0189.sized.jpg

Bustanutly, whos rig is that? Looks sick!! Anyone know if the metaltech tube fenders attach to frame, or just sheet metal? i want something that can take a hit or two, or 3...etc.

Anyone know if the metaltech tube fenders attach to frame, or just sheet metal? i want something that can take a hit or two, or 3...etc.

According to their website, the tube fenders attach to the stock fender mounting points. Having a Metal Tech roll bar in my rig, I'm sure they could take a hit or two or three...

Good luck! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom