Anyone wanna camp out Saturday night? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
Well, im iching to go out and camp.. at least one night since i didnt get to go to TDS. I'd like to go somewhere close to Orange County... since i have to do a home inspection @ 1:30pm on Saturday.. so i would leave after that.

Anyone wanna go camp out at Wildomar OHV? It's off the top of Ortega Hwy overlooking Lake Elsinore...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/ohv/wildomar.shtml

Any takers?

Last edited:
you wanna go up North, more like Ventura, Gorman, Pismo, I may be convinced to meet up and maybe camp... :)

I probably should call the rangers around HV, cuz they closed a bunch of trails there. I think Miller is still closed, probably.

The SVRA is nice though with kids. I've hit on this scheme where they will much more gladly go wheeling with me if they know they can take the wheel over at some point...

Dave - be aware of the Ortega Hwy construction. 3 1/2 miles is one lane controlled just past the Caspers entrance. It's completely shut down from 8:30pm to 4:30am every day for the next three years or so. It's really going to mess with traffic.

I've been getting the camping itch, too, and Wildomar OHV is like 10 miles from me, but I don't think I can do it this Saturday. The wife is in SD at a convention this week, won't be home till Saturday PM, and I'm taking the rugrat to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. I'd love to, but I don't think it's in the cards for me this weekend.:frown:

If you do go, try the Bluebird Camground on the north side of Ortega Hwy. It's nice and quiet up there, and away from the dust and the yahoos around the OHV area. Have fun!

I've been getting the camping itch, too, and Wildomar OHV is like 10 miles from me, but I don't think I can do it this Saturday. The wife is in SD at a convention this week, won't be home till Saturday PM, and I'm taking the rugrat to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. I'd love to, but I don't think it's in the cards for me this weekend.:frown:

If you do go, try the Bluebird Camground on the north side of Ortega Hwy. It's nice and quiet up there, and away from the dust and the yahoos around the OHV area. Have fun!

Dang 10 mins away? You should try and go!!

So if im going Westbound on Ortega hwy.. i make a right, where i would normally make a left to go into Wildomar OHV or what? I've never seen bluebird.

Bluejay Campground?

So if im going Westbound on Ortega hwy.. i make a right, where i would normally make a left to go into Wildomar OHV or what? I've never seen bluebird.

Bluejay Campground?

I think he means Bluejay. ;)

It's a nice campground. We circled it after the Thanksgiving run. Coming in from the Elsinore side isn't the problem. You are fine.

Hey Brent, my buddy just told me, tons of druggies hang out up there at that campground... is this true? I dont remember seeing any crackheads when we passed through ..

SIDE NOTE: Im not asking Brent as if he 'is a user' ... just asking if he's ever heard anything. lol

Never heard anything about that.

I probably should call the rangers around HV, cuz they closed a bunch of trails there. I think Miller is still closed, probably.

I was just there last week, and I can confirm that they are closed. We tried to go up some of those mountain trails leading off the western edge of Hungry Valley to find a scenic spot to picnic, but the gates were locked tight.

I was just there last week, and I can confirm that they are closed. We tried to go up some of those mountain trails leading off the western edge of Hungry Valley to find a scenic spot to picnic, but the gates were locked tight.

They knew you were coming dude! Lock the gates, bar the doors, the dude from LA is coming up. Hide the children while you're at it! :flipoff2:

yup.

next time, go on up to Dutchman campground at the top of Alamo mountain on that side. Nice road, cross a river where you can play in the water, and when you're at the top, the view is nice and the campground is huge and likely not very crowded. Plus you can go down Miller from there if you want to.

was there any snow?

Well, i think im going to wrench on the rig instead of head out in a big rush for one night. I still have more things i can do to the rig. :flipoff2:

There ya go, Dave.

I'm out anyway as I have a buyer for my '77 Scout coming over at 10am Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom