Buying 34x10.50 LTBs Tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I do, anyone know any reason why I shouldn't?

I found a place that sells them for $125/tire new and now that my lift is in place I thought I would take the next step.

I have heard that they are not the most road-friendly tire, but I won't have them on my daily driver.

I love the way the ltbs look, but i cannot say that i have heard they are not road friendly, who told you that?:confused: :confused:

J/k :flipoff2: , i heard that they are HORRIBLE ON THE ROAD. But they are some nice lookin tires and do well in mud.

I like my 33X10.5 BFG's so yours is a good size. The extra inch will not figure in much. I drive mine quite a bit on road so I like the BFG mud's for road wear and quiteness. Plus bought from Costco so have road hazzard and free balancing for life. I think around $166 for all now. Guess its what you want to do with them and what fits you...

I like my 33X10.5 BFG's so yours is a good size. The extra inch will not figure in much.

If you ever had a measuring tape on your BFGs, you'll find they're 32s. The Swampers are really 34s. The extra extra inch wil not figure in much either, I suppose.

I'll check that out tomorrow. I know all tires are less that stated. Good point though. Are swampers the only ones that measure up?

Buddy had them for a while. Not great on pavement, but no worse than my TSL/SX's were. His wore out FAST. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think he sold them at about 50% tread after like 8000 miles on a mintruck. He sold them and got TSL radials when he went off to college and was going to be putting in a lot of miles on the pavement.

I wouldn't run them on a daily driver, but they work well offroad and the sidewalls are really stiff. He had to get to 10psi before they even started to bulge.

Not sure which your are replying to but the BFG's wear pretty good in my opinion. Have 3 cruisers with mt's on all. Not much noise and wear well. Plus like the road hazzard and free balancing is a plus...

I also have to say in all honestly it depends where you wheel. Ga is a lot different than the WC...It all depends. I'm good with my stuff...

Hmmm... Is a short life to be expected from these tires?

If I spend $600 I want something that will last longer than 15000 miles.

Hmmm... Is a short life to be expected from these tires?

If I spend $600 I want something that will last longer than 15000 miles.

How long will 15000 miles get you on a weekend/offroad only rig? Yes, they're going to wear out faster than a set of BFG mall-terrains, but the difference in enjoyment off road is more than worth it for a trail rig IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom