A-TRAC on HDJ100??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overland-cruisers.co.uk
I have been trying to find a 1999-2001 HDJ100 with the Active Traction Control, but am drawing a blank.

I know it was introduced in the UK from October 1999 on the petrol models, but there is no mention of it ever being made available on the diesel models.

So, is there anyone out there with an HDJ100 with A-TRAC actually fitted?

LCs with A-TRAC were not equipped with a rear locker. Early models with AT transmission also didn't all have a rear locker. So if it is with a manual transmission and it doesn't have a rear locker, it must have A-TRAC. And as far as I know, also around here A-TRAC was available from 2000 on.

Regards
Samo

I've forgotten where I've seen the specs when I was shopping for a HDJ100. I wanted a HDJ100 with a rear locker. And in in Europe it was only available with a manual transmission on models '98 and '99.

If I remember right all newer LCs had A-TRAC. But I'm not sure.

I decided to be on the safe side - when you drive several days in the dunes, it might be just too much for A-TRAC - at least I wanted one piece of electronic less. And all newer LCs in Europe also have AHC and if you want to buy new aftermarket shocks, you have to dump it.

Do you expect A-TRAC would make such a big difference?

Regards
Samo

And all newer LCs in Europe also have AHC and if you want to buy new aftermarket shocks, you have to dump it

Yes, I'm not fussed about AHC.

Do you expect A-TRAC would make such a big difference?

I doubt it will in Morocco, but it would be useful on the wet and muddy roads around home in winter and also when it's icey. My wife will be driving the car a fair bit in winter fully loaded with children and so every safety aid helps.

I was aiming to go for the A-TRAC and then fit Air lockers to get the best of both worlds.

I have now had a chance to look at the Toyota internal revisions document and it wasn't made available in Dielels in the UK until 2005/2006 as a standard option, although it was available in the petrol models from October 1999.

Now I wonder if it can be retrofitted into a diesel.......;)

I've just checked the pictures of local internet auto market. And 2002 HDJ100 has a rear locker - even with AT transmission.
Seems like you are right.
Buy a petrol version - it's even cheaper. And convert it to LPG.

Regards
Samo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom