What do you guys use for air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
I had a husky 2 stage 80gallon 7.5hp compressor that I sold about 3 months ago and am looking to purchase a new one. The husky was very loud when in the shop. Want to get something a little quieter.

What do you guys use and what do you recommend? 2 phase motor and under.

Nitrogen, mostly. Some oxygen, CO2 and hydrogen.:D I like it. I'm pretty addicted. I think I might die if I didn't get some every day.

I used to have a Cambell hausfeld at school until it had some maintenece work done on it. They don't run long with no oil. I liked it. Not too loud and good recovery rate.

We have a Champion Value Plus now. It was a good value and is supposed to be a good'un. It is loud though. Got it from Carquest on their reccomendation.

Nitrogen, mostly. Some oxygen, CO2 and hydrogen.:D I like it. I'm pretty addicted. I think I might die if I didn't get some every day.

I used to have a Cambell hausfeld at school until it had some maintenece work done on it. They don't run long with no oil. I liked it. Not too loud and good recovery rate.

We have a Champion Value Plus now. It was a good value and is supposed to be a good'un. It is loud though. Got it from Carquest on their reccomendation.
just how costly is it to refill c02,lets say 15 pounds or so.

I get my 20 pound tank filled (well, usually I just swap it out for an already filled one) at my welding shop for about $8 or so IIRC.

I have the Husky 60-gallon... I made a small slab outside, ran electrical to it, enclosed it, and drilled a hole through the wall. I ran copper lines to a couple spots, now I have air and quiet...

quote]

I get my 20 pound tank filled (well, usually I just swap it out for an already filled one) at my welding shop for about $8 or so IIRC.

I don't think that is what Gumby meant, but that does sound about right.

The husky I had was loud, I looked at a used ingersoll rand compressor w/60 gallon tank and it was quiet. As I looked closer I noticed it was manufactured in 87'. Yikes.

I think because of the noise factor, the ingersoll would be the way to go for my purposes. Possibly an 80 gallon with 2phase.

The husky would power the blasting cabinet well, so I think 80 gallon is the way for me as well.

Thanks

Stumbled on this the other day.

100 cfm at 125 PSI :grinpimp: and refrigerator and dryer with a 120 & 60 gallon tank.
compressor.jpg
dryer.jpg

christo, how bout the one that oleg has at the shop! have you seen it?
that is the quietest compressor ever! you can stand right next to it and have a normal conversation.

some german type worm gear thing or something like that.

christo, how bout the one that oleg has at the shop! have you seen it?
that is the quietest compressor ever! you can stand right next to it and have a normal conversation.

some german type worm gear thing or something like that.

I have the same one. That is a Kaeser 5hp rotary. The one I got now is a 25hp rototary :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom