Aftermarket valve guide seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have some thoughts on aftermarket valve guide seals? I've been searching and it seems that 2F valve guide seals wear out too soon for the rest of the engine. Has anyone had an experience with trying something other than OEM? Good or bad results would be useful information. I am assuming with advances in material science, something better is available. I saw some seals based on silicone and thought it may be better than OEM(felt?). Thoughts? Comments?

This website got me thinking. I have not been able to download their catalog yet.

http://www.enginetech.com/pr_valvestemseal.php

Last edited:
Does anyone have some thoughts on aftermarket valve guide seals? I've been searching and it seems that 2F valve guide seals wear out too soon for the rest of the engine. Has anyone had an experience with trying something other than OEM? Good or bad results would be useful information. I am assuming with advances in material science, something better is available. I saw some seal based on silicone and thought it may be better than OEM(felt?). Thoughts? Comments?
Too soon is a relative thing, not normall a problem before 200k or so, not sure that this is a problem that needs solving. While a 2F will run far beyond 200, don't kid yourself. It can use a good freshening anyway at that mileage. If I've used aftermarket seals I don't know it.

Point well taken. I am at 172,500 miles. Otherwise things seem to be in good order as I have been chasing vacuum gremlins, and freshening things up as you say.

Fel-Pro posi-stop seals...... positive seal designs that wipe and meter oil on the stem as it passes through the seal....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom