New Kick Panels - Diamond Plated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally got my diamond plated kick panels put in along with new 6x9 speakers which sound amazing.

Last edited:
Those look great and I'd love to do something similar with my next wagon. Now I've never had a 60 (just a 62) so bear with me.... does the drivers side still have the rear washer bottle and if so, how will you access it?

Yes, the rear washer reservior is on the driver side. I connected the diamond plating using 4 or 5 bolts carefully drilled into the old kick panel mounting areas while using a little bit of lock-tight.

How much and what grade of diamond plate did you use. Stupid question what is the best way to get a clean cut on that stuff. Thanks

nice! didja do them yrself? soundproofing behind the panels?

I bought a couple slabs from a welding company who had to laser cut both pieces to match my old panels. Probably cost $150 for everything. I can't remember how thick they are but they are super heavy duty. All I did for the backing was go to an upholestry store and grabbed some upper-end water proof carboard and used aerosol glue to attach the two which works wonders.

Looks great, smooth edges, well done. Too bad you didn't have em make 4 more sets, you coulda sold them

What speakers are you running?

Looks great!

you can also cut that stuff with a jig saw or band saw. Noisy as hell though and still needs to be smoothed out with a file.

Those look awesome! The more I see that blue interior the more I kick myself for getting the brown. :frown:

x2 w/rhino coating. dober noses would quickly smudge the shine away.

daveT: brown is good -- rottie/doberman hairs blend in nicely. just get yrself a big ol black & tan slobber dog. :D

'tis the shiznit! that looks awesome! i wonder how it would look with those plates and then replacing ur carpet with those diamond cut vinyl mats (#345-600) sold on $OR:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat345.tam?xax=24166&page.ctx=cat345.tam

maybe too much diamond plating??

That SOR products sucks... I have it. Buy your self some matting and cut it yourself for about half the cost. You have to cut the SOR stuff anyway...

Anyway... those panels are sweet! I built mine out of stainless and wish I would have done that now!

That SOR products sucks... I have it. Buy your self some matting and cut it yourself for about half the cost. You have to cut the SOR stuff anyway...

Anyway... those panels are sweet! I built mine out of stainless and wish I would have done that now!

how come they suck? are they cracking on you? i was contemplating on buying those mats b/c i like the diamond plate look.

you can cut aluminum checkerplate with a skill saw, just use a straight edge and cut on the back surface so you dont mark up the front and spray plenty of WD 40 on and hold on tight to the saw. although yours looks pretty clean and would probally be the way to go if the cutiing costs arent too bad.

Did the welding shop really use laser or perhaps plasma?

Bandsaw works great because it's always going in the same direction (down).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom