Question about before and after lift height... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a wonderful house that was built in the 70's with a rather low garage. I'm trying to maximize my lift and tire combo while still being able to fit into the garage (I honestly don't care if it fits, but the wife says otherwise....I'm just happy she approved the lift and tires!)

I'm hoping to get some measurements back for others who have lifted and are using bigger tires.

I already plan on removing the luggage rack...

Ground to roof = 74"
Garage door height = 77" (actual 77.5" wanted to leave a little room)
Ground to rear wheel well = 35.5"

I borrowed the pic from Bull, hope you don’t mind...

So it looks like I have 3"...I would really like to use the same setup shott, sincity, and bull are using...maybe I could get some measurements from you guys.

Last edited:
2.5" of lift, 35's and roof rack=79"

EDIT: Oops, it is about 79" at AHC set to low. Disregard my post. 1LoudLX, yes, OEM roof rack.

Last edited:
Jack it up. Just air down every time you pull in. :banana:

Bump...

Really need help here, before the wife changes her mind...:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of just going to get some 295/75/16's put on, seeing how much clearance is left and then getting a lift. But I would like to put 315's on if they will fit...

If the height limit is actually the bottom of the garage door, you can sometimes adjust the electric garage motor so that it pulls the garage door a bit higher.

If you do not use th roof rack you can take it off.
That will give at least 1.5 inches or more.

Ahh, hell with it...

I just ordered all the parts to give me the same setup that shotts is running...

Glad you joined the Club. :grinpimp:

Nothing like NOT doing a wheel lift:

130950151-L.jpg

Got the diff drop from slee, and the rest from my local shop cruiser outfitters! All parts should be here by the end of next week. I'm going to lift it first and then decide what tires to get.

Got the diff drop from slee, and the rest from my local shop cruiser outfitters! All parts should be here by the end of next week. I'm going to lift it first and then decide what tires to get.

Remember that GregB has proven you only need to lower those rear bump stops by 1/2" in order to protect the L-shock. I have 2-inchers in there because I run 315's. If ya do 33's stick to 1/2" spacers (washers). You'll have even more articulation than me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom