Rear gate push button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to open my rear gate the other day and the button just fell in. I took off the panels on the back to see if I could figure it out but was lost. It look like there should be something to hold it in place but I couldnt find what. Can any body send me pics of what thiers looks like? Or if you can see what the problem is let me know? Thanks
truck probs 004.jpg
truck probs 004.jpg

Last edited:
There's a small clip that fits around the cylinder and holds it in place. Don't have a picture or a camera. Sorry. It might have fallen into the gate. They always seem pretty tight. In fact I was going to replace the rubber around mine the other day but couldn't get the clip free. Will try harder later.

So if I can't find the clip... can I order a new one?

Ouch! I had that same thing happen to me. Pain in the ass. Yes, you need that clip to put it all back together. Open up the inside panels in there held in by the screws and make sure you clean all those push button parts up so it doesn't happen again for at least another 20 years. Kind of a tricky job, but take your time. You'll have some sore finger tips when it's all done.

Does anybody have pics of what it SHOULD look like? where does the clip go?

Looks like the snap ring is not fully seated into the tabs on the edge of the lock cylinder. Like the rest of the lock, this snap ring is a PITA to get seated.

Looks like the snap ring is not fully seated into the tabs on the edge of the lock cylinder. Like the rest of the lock, this snap ring is a PITA to get seated.

i'm not sure which is the snap ring and where are the tabs it seats into??

Tabs circled in BLACK
RED arrow to snap ring
The snap ring just barely sets into these tabs.
truck%20probs%20004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom