33 s or a 5 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 75 55 it had 235 75 15 tires on it . last night i put 33 s on it. will this get me gearing that i want or is a 5 speed gonna be next. how much will this throw my speedo off antone know

Do a quick search for Speedometer correction. This should point you to a site where you can calculate your speedo error. There are some replacement speedometer gears for correcting the error. Most folk just deal with it or as mentioned use a GPS to see how fast they are really going.

i have a 75 55 it had 235 75 15 tires on it . last night i put 33 s on it. will this get me gearing that i want or is a 5 speed gonna be next. how much will this throw my speedo off antone know

I borrowed a buddy's GPS when I got new 33s:

16.666% overdrive is what I got. For quick calculations I add 15% to my MPH and and mileage.

Depends on what you want? I have 33's and 3.73 gears, works great @ 65 ~2400 RPM. Make sure you get a tac, then you know approx how fast you are going depending on the RPM's.

I just follow traffic or keep it between 55 and 65 on the speedo.

I borrowed a buddy's GPS when I got new 33s:

16.666% overdrive is what I got.

That's the same amount of overdrive the H55 offers...............for a LOT LESS MONEY! And you get ground clearance to boot!:bounce:

Not getting how that would work, unless the tape got bigger as you went faster.;)

Too Funny! LOL

When I'm driving 55 the speedo is registering about 43. I put a peice of tape about the 43mph mark on the speedo that says 55.

When I do 55 on the speedo I'm really close to 70mph. I put a 70mph on the 55mph mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom