Triangle Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
For those in the Triangle area, is there any interest in getting together, setting up work/wrench days, and planning some rides?

If so, post up!

Absolutely! Let's start with a meet and greet sometime.

lets get it going, some place to get beers and exchange knowledge

There is a group in Winston that meets up. There is a group here in High Point/Greensboro that meet up.

I would love to see all the cruisers get together. I mean Cruisers are Unique and Rare, we all need to stick together.. :) Hubby and I hope to get our garage fixed up to where it could be a Work location in this area.

There is a group in Winston that meets up. There is a group here in High Point/Greensboro that meet up.

I would love to see all the cruisers get together. I mean Cruisers are Unique and Rare, we all need to stick together.. :) Hubby and I hope to get our garage fixed up to where it could be a Work location in this area.

I have no intention of trying to divide anything up, however it's not practical for those of us in the Triangle to come to the Triad for lunch (or dinner), or to Charlotte, etc for meetings - and vice versa.

If we can muster interest, IMHO it'd be quite cool if the regional groups could become active and grow and come together for rides/events - but do informal meet-n-greet or wrench-a-thons locally.

I'd just like to see this org become active. I was with Upstate Cruisers this weekend and they have a fantastic thing going on, great (very large) group of people and Marshall and team did a superb job organizing the weekend.

I have no intention of trying to divide anything up, however it's not practical for those of us in the Triangle to come to the Triad for lunch (or dinner), or to Charlotte, etc for meetings - and vice versa.

If we can muster interest, IMHO it'd be quite cool if the regional groups could become active and grow and come together for rides/events - but do informal meet-n-greet or wrench-a-thons locally.

I'd just like to see this org become active. I was with Upstate Cruisers this weekend and they have a fantastic thing going on, great (very large) group of people and Marshall and team did a superb job organizing the weekend.

That's long been the goal but the triad crowd is the only ONSC subset that has had success getting together for meetings with any regularity.

That's part of the reason so many NC folks have gotten involved with Upstate Cruisers...

OK - Enough Chit-Chat

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 7:00PM
Woody's Bar & Grill
8322 Chapel Hill Rd
Cary, NC 27513

Let's meet for a couple of brews and show off the Cruisers!

Who's in?????

OK - Enough Chit-Chat

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 7:00PM
Woody's Bar & Grill
8322 Chapel Hill Rd
Cary, NC 27513

Let's meet for a couple of brews and show off the Cruisers!

Who's in?????

Amazingly, I can't make it.:mad: I have to travel for work next week. I can meet this week or the week of 3/12 - on.

have to make it a weekend I work till 9pm and daylight to see everyones ride

I wasn't saying you were trying to split anything up. I was just stating that we do have two groups that meet at this time. I would love to see more people get involved and more Cruiser events/get togethers. They don't even have to be wheeling events..

The problems I have seen is that 1) Everyone is on a different schedule. 2) A number of Cruisers are for show. 3) People have a big problem with driving 15-30min. Not to mention a longer drive.

Erymer and I drive to Burlington just about every weekend for the Mustang club we are a part of. If you don't mind us driving a Mustang to a meeting in Cary, we could do that on the weekend. We would drive to Cary during the week but working till 5 won't allow us to get there in time.

And like Andy stated... The SC group is a great group, they are always up to something. Helping eachother out, having cookouts, meetings, pool parties, ect. Ditto: We are members of the SC club as well.

Blue98stang, no worries - I just wanted to make sure it was clear there are no ulterior motives.

Anything we can do to get some momentum going for Cruisers in NC is a good thing, IMHO.

So: anyone interested in getting together Saturday or Sunday March 10 or 11? or the following week?

I'm in with the idea and a meet in Cary but I drive one of those NEW (FJ)cruisers. Not as cool as one of the classics but not far off (IMHO). I see a few driving around time, a couple look to be restored completely, one I see regularly on Hwy 55.

Stacy, bring the 'stang out, I love seeing any clean classic car.

I'm in for Saturday the 10th. I haven't been to a meeting before but I'd love to pick the brains of some salty enthusiasts!

IMO, we should make the meetings on Sunday afternoons, so if someone went out of town for the weekend, they will have time to get back in town. But we could make it, say 5PM so G'boro folks could still be home before too late in the evening.

Soooo, how about 3/11 at 5Pm at Woody's in Cary?

I am down for that Saturday, or Sunday:beer:

Well, I could drive the '01 GT if Eric didn't mind... in March he works weekends 8-5. So he wouldn't be able to be there at 5.

Where is Woody's at in Cary?

I don't have a classic either but I would love to try and meet up sometime. Raleigh isn't too bad of a drive from Greenville.

BTW, is there anyone else in Greenville, NC here?

You know that is about an hour and 15 min from the house per Mapquest... Maybe if we get the light issue fixed with the Cruiser I could leave a bit early and drive that way... Then hubby could make good time after work in the GT to the meeting.. That is if you all are planning on meeting for more than an hour.. :)

Oh, and for all the New FJC's... I've seen you all on the trail. You all have just as much right to hang with us old fart Cruisers... :) I just wish I had your suspension on our FJ40. You all walk right thru the trails and we "Shake, Rattle, and Roll." I had a hard time keeping up with the FJC infront of us due to we had to take it slower due to the ride, hit a bump and your foot come off the gas, ect.. Still had a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom