Replaced my Fan Clutch and WOW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a blue one from C-Dan at a nice discount, Thankyou. I figure that after 140K miles it might be a little worn and tired. Before changing , my engine was rather noisy when sitting at idle, sort of sounded line an ex gf's Pontiac Sunbird. Afer changing, very quiet. There is still a very slight noise which I am guessing is the AC idler. Finally, I recommend not to losen the alternator belts. I had to put a 22 mm socket on the alternator in order to hold the water pump in place to get one frozen nut off. Finally, I recommend purchasing a new set of nuts that fasten the fan to the clutch. Mine were rusted and I had to re-use them. Some PB Blaster cleand them up OK, but I wish I would have spent the extra $2 on some new nuts.

What is the part number for the fan cluth? How much from CDan?
I'll be replacing my Alternator Belts / AC belt this weekend. Am thinking if the fan clutch is not that expensive, might as well replace it together with the belts.

16210-66020

That number does not apply to the diesel vehicle listed in your sig line.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I replaced my pulleys, belts and fan clutch at the same time. What a great improvement. The motor is so quiet now, especially when starting up from cold!

I'm not sure what you're referring to but usually after a fan clutch change start up from cold is notably louder as far as the fan is concerned.

The noise from the fan blowing air is louder, yes. But the bearings were shot on the fan so they were grinding, hence the noise of which I meant.;)

The noise from the fan blowing air is louder, yes. But the bearings were shot on the fan so they were grinding, hence the noise of which I meant.;)

gotcha. good to know. I have replaced my belts......was planning on replacing the fan clutch but after looking at it it is blue? I wonder if the PO replaced it? It still gives the loud roar when starting like it should, and i have no overheating issues, so i leave it be.

I just put a blue on one this afternoon (Thanks CDan). I replaced the Hayden I was testing, which replaced my completely hosed stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom