Rhino Lined Flares, Rockers $$$? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Contemplating pulling off the flares and rhino lining that area of the truck. I know a bunch of fella's here have already done this to there rig and are pleased with the results. Also I am aware that many have done this themselves but I don't think I am going to go that route since I want to be able to hold someone other than myself accountable for the work. Those of you out there that have had this professionaly done what did you pay$$? My research has me leaning toward the rhino brand even though I know is might be a bit pricier but how much for the fenders and rockers?

I posted the same thread last week lol

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1861175#post1861175

First quote I got from a local Line-X dealer was $400 for the 6 piece flares :eek:

Did some shopping and found another local Rhino Liner dealer that says he'll do it in any texture I want for $150, so as soon as I yank the flares and sand them down, I'll drop them off cause I'd rather not do it myself :cool:

Besides, the DIY kit costs like $125 :doh:

Rick

Reffug,

You've seen mine. That was $400 and they told me to include the lower rocker/lower door area wouldnt be that much more. Most of what i was paying was labor cost.
I had mine done my american spray liners in warrenton if it helps and Bob's son would be doing it.

Are there any post and or pics on r and r of flares. I have to repair one of mine and I don't want to go pulling it off and break something.

Reffug,

You've seen mine. That was $400 and they told me to include the lower rocker/lower door area wouldnt be that much more. Most of what i was paying was labor cost.
I had mine done my american spray liners in warrenton if it helps and Bob's son would be doing it.

Was that with removal of rear bumper and dropping the sliders Brandon? Figure that would probably add to the cost, and yaa thats who I was leaning toward having do it. Spoke to Ryan on Sat. or wouldn't have known he was doing that.

I had mine done by Lin-x.
They quoted me $80 per side over the phone.
When I got there the guy said he messed up.
He thought it was the older, jeep looking LC.
He did honor his quote.
So I had the rockers, fender flareless area and middle stripe detail.
Also had him do the front bottom piece ($20)
I had him spray it with no texture.
If I were to do it again I would have him do the entire area from the mid door trim area down to the rocker, front lower piece and rear lowere area to match it all up and I would have him do it with texture. Mine has a couple spots where the the texture varies slightly due to not having texture added.
Its every bit worth $350-400 to have them do it.
The materials are expensive and its a lot of work.

When I pulled the roof rack, I had the whole roof done in Line-X, color matched w/ texture. It was $450 + taxes, etc. They did a very nice job. I plan to do the rockers, etc... at some point and may just have the whole rest of the truck done. $$$$ may hold me back on that one though.

I pulled the flares and body panels and needed to have the flareless/panel-less area lined.

for my rig it was $400. I recall getting quotes close to that back when shopping around and considering doing only flares.

some idiot at the local Line-x dealership quoted me $1200 for the job... :rolleyes:

simply spraying flares should be inexpensive...
I think $150's a pretty good deal.

I pulled the flares and body panels and needed to have the flareless/panel-less area lined.

for my rig it was $400. I recall getting quotes close to that back when shopping around and considering doing only flares.

So for 400 you got the flares and the rockers Doug? Did you do anything in the front and rear like around the ARB and rear bumper?

i thought you were going to wait until you ripped them off???

Nope, this way maybe I recoup some of the cost of rhino lining by selling the flares that are still in usable condition to someone who wants to keep the flare look on there rig. Sides that with larger tires and future plans I have for the truck the flares would just get in the way.

So for 400 you got the flares and the rockers Doug? Did you do anything in the front and rear like around the ARB and rear bumper?

The $400 covered the area where the flares were and where the body panels were -- on the Lexus you pretty much need to lose the body panels when you remove the flares.

you can see in the attached pic where the liner runs on mine...of course you know that mine's black, but here's a color variation that you might work well for yours...

;)
zinfandel.jpg

Do it, DO IT.
Personally I like the flares.
It think it makes the 80 look really nice but for constantly pushing them into dirt walls, etc and knowing that they are flexing and the seals are not tight, no. They will just catch sand, dirt, grime, salt etc and make nice rust accelerators spots. When I removed mine I could see the beginning seeds of what would have been serious rust cancer. I took the wire wheel to the entire area that was covered by the flares to ensure that no old paint or rust seeds got covered up by the line-x. Its great piece of mind.

Jamie,

I did areas where the fender flares used to be ONLY. i did not do rockers, although doing the rockers wouldnt have added much cost at the time(I didnt have sliders then)

this way maybe I recoup some of the cost of rhino lining by selling the flares that are still in usable condition to someone who wants to keep the flare look on there rig

Vultures Circling... you've got PM:bounce2:

97 40th Rhino Lined Flares Photos

I really like what I am hearing. I have had all the same problems you all have.

Before I tear off those ugly, rust attracting, scratched pieces of #$%*, can someone send Photos of 97 40th in the Desert Dune color that has had this done.

I would have almost prefered Black body, knowing that this Rhino lining might look dubm.

Also what about None at all. There is a great shot of an 80 on the Slee web site that was customer fitted and removed, and it looks alot cleaner than anything else I have seen.

Any feedback or PHOTOS

Heres a photo reference of lining the area where the fender used to sit.

So far im very happy with it, something else to keep in mind. Each flare is roughyl 2 inches wide, this takes a few inches off the width which is noticable in tight spots.

Every little bit helps with the 80.
DSCN0910.jpg

Vultures Circling... you've got PM:bounce2:

LOL.................you gotta wait until I get them off OK.

Jamie,

I did areas where the fender flares used to be ONLY. i did not do rockers, although doing the rockers wouldnt have added much cost at the time(I didnt have sliders then)

Don't take this wrong Brandon but looking at that last pic do you wish for appearance's you had done the rocker? Looking at that pic has me now convinced that I want the flare and rocker area done. Guess I can repaint my sliders while I'm at it since I'm pretty sure they are gonna have to come off for this to happen. Unless Ryan feels like working OT...........lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom