Custom 60 Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Built my own roof rack with a custom FJ faring. All aluminum tubing, powdercoating & laser cut FJ-60 Cruiser logo. Whatcha think?
RoofRack1.jpg
RoofRack2.jpg
RoofRack3.jpg

I like the rack but the mounts are way to tall for me

I like the basket and the design you used. If it were my basket i would want it to sit closer to the roof.

Do you have any specs / drawings so those who want to replicate can do so.

Great work! :smokin:

yeah, the rack itself was a x-mas present from mom & dad so i can't complain about the height. i might try to get some shorter brackets to bring the basket closer to the roof. i have a few laser cutting "connections" so my price of $50 was pretty good IMO. thanks for the comments!

nice job!

try ebay for lower thule towers. i just picked up yakima bars & towers for <100.

Great looking rack! Yeah, I agree, the rack sits a little too high, but other than that, it looks great! Great job!

I think it looks great, how is the wind noise? the fairing is usually to reduce wind noise, but with the sweet looking logo cut into it, it may not work as well. Have you noticed?

I think it looks great, how is the wind noise? the fairing is usually to reduce wind noise, but with the sweet looking logo cut into it, it may not work as well. Have you noticed?

actually yes, much less wind noise. b4 just the roof rack itself would start to whistle around 55 mph. now i don't hear anything. just thought i'd do something different than the Yakima/Thule fairing with tons of stickers! maybe i could put a plexi shield over it?

I agree with the majority. The rack the faring look FANTASTIC! Mounts are too tall. If you do the plexi shield thing, I would put it under the faring, not over it.

xwhatever the count is now on the height, but I absolutely LOVE the look!!!:cheers:

If you decide to repreduce them, count me in as well:beer:

thanks guys! i'm looking on ebay to find some shorter tower mounts. getting my bike up there is a PITA! a few inches shorter would certainly help! i'm getting some pricing together and i'll post something in the For Sale section. basically, the size i built is 50"W x 60" L. Any other sizes?

Nice rack...Check Ebay on the mounts, I picked up a homemade setup with 4 quick-n-easy brackets for $15 shipped.

ML:cheers:

Did you start with the Yakama tower mounts? I have a set of 4 from my 60 that I want to put on my 40. They are too short.

I would be will to trade you if yours are Yakama's. I'm traveling right now and will not be able to measdure the height of mine until the weekend.

PM Me if you are interested.

Looks great. Nice job. That's some crazy lettering there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom