Disable A/C w/defrost on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok did some searching and haven't found anyone that brought this up. One of the things I really like about the LC climate controls is I get to pretty much select what I want comming out of where I want it.:) Anyway I notice in my 97' that the a/c compresser comes on automaticly when I select defrost. Now this is a relatively minor issue but in my 94' I could use defrost and had to push the a/c button for cold air. In the "new truck" a/c button won't turn off the compressor. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to have manual control over this function. My Odyssey is also all manual, I guess I just don't like being told by the manufacturer where I should have cold or warm air comming out.

One thing you should know is AC doesn't mean cold air. It means moist air. If you run your ac with the slider to the warm side you will get warm air. Also, the ac comes on with the defrost because it is the most effective way to defrost the glass.

One thing you should know is AC doesn't mean cold air. It means moist air. If you run your ac with the slider to the warm side you will get warm air. Also, the ac comes on with the defrost because it is the most effective way to defrost the glass.

Actually running your A/C dehumidifies the air (removes moisture) making the defroster more efficient. The added advantage is cycling your compressor year-round to keep things lubed and prevent seizure.

Yes, I realize these things. What I want to know is if there is a way to make it operate like my 94'LC does, when in defrost mode I selected whether it was a/c or just outside air temp flowing.

On my 96 (LX auto version) AC comes on with defrost but all I have to do is hit the AC switch and it cuts out the AC leaving heat or just vent air blown on the windshield.

Time for a bump. Not sure of what the temp cutoff is, but was in the 50's today and noticed compressor kicking on with defrost on warm. I just don't see the need for it. Anyway guess this doesn't really bother anyone else:D , or someone would have figured out a manual control for this feature. Maybe I could swap controls out of my 94' and that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom