Painless Fuse Bloc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm going to install a 12 circuit Painless fuse block - anyone have any genuis ideas about where this should go? It's too big for the stock location in my '66.

Peter

I am not sure how big the painless is, but I placed 2 generic fuse blocks up high under the hood. They are on the passenger side firewall. I like them there as they are easy to access.

I put a painless in mine and I put the fuse block on the drivers side as high as I could get it and the wire harness draped up over the frame work that holds all the pedals, etc. It took some work to get everything up and over with wire loom on it, but it came out very clean and everything seemed to run the right length from there.

I am not sure how big the painless is, but I placed 2 generic fuse blocks up high under the hood. They are on the passenger side firewall. I like them there as they are easy to access.

That's the location I put a Painless aux fuse block. Pretty easy.

I used the existing mounting bracket to attach the bracket I fabricated and raised the fuse block up about an additional 6 inches on my 74 FJ40.

I used the existing mounting bracket to attach the bracket I fabricated and raised the fuse block up about an additional 6 inches on my 74 FJ40.

I did the same, driver side footwell on the left side - I posted a drawing of my bracket about a year ago

I thought the Painless was too large and went with the Centech fuse block.
Centech PDP-1B 04.jpg
Centech PDP-1B 01.jpg

qui ck question ,can you buy just the block everyone i ve seen has block and new wireing...my wireing seems good .just want to update to spade fuses,and empty spots to add lights /winch ect...?

thank james

I'm not sure where you mean. Is this in the cab or the engine compartment?

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom