Superbright Parking Lights - 168 Bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friends
I upgraded all my headlamps (Hi/Lo/Fog) with hyper-white (super-bright) Sylvania bulbs. I didn't realize that the cornor light (next to the turn signal) is a parking light with a size 168 wedge bulb. And it burns at the same yellow-ish color as OEM headlamps.

Does anyone know where to get brighter bulbs for this specific light? I don't want blue or any other trick color, just a brighter bulb to match the rest.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Scott

Nevermind.. Found some on eBay. PIAA makes some LED lights for this application.

Cheers

Nevermind.. Found some on eBay. PIAA makes some LED lights for this application.

Cheers

Let us know how they work and what part number they are.
I would like to do the same.
I have also upgraded my low/high beams and fogs to S Silverstars.

Thanks

Here you go. This is the ebay link I used. I assume they will fit, but you can wait for me to let you know in a week or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=260089339104&rd=1,1

As a note, I avoided the Ultra-Brights because they have a blue coating when turned off. The bulb for the Parking lamp is exposed in the housing and I didn't want it to show through blue during the day. I had this problem on my BMW M3 for the corner lamps and it looked stupid (with no added value to illumination)

Cheers, get back with me in a week.

Those PIAA LEDs are very blueish. I have Polarg high power wedge base LEDs in everywhere i could put them. Doors, front map light, rear licence plate. My corner lights are a large 1156 LED bulb since i went with LC aftermarket clear lens.

check these out, http://www.nissei-polarg.co.jp/lineup/led/hpled.html

Here is a comparison of color from the Polarg LEDs to the regular wedge base 168s in the licence plate housings on a 2005 LS430.

IMAGE_000241.jpg

Here are the PIAA LEDs. I just went and took a picture for you, they are actually even more blue then my cell phone camera could capture! I originally went with LEDs for the LX, but since these didnt suit my needs, i just threw them in my moms LS, lol.
IMAGE_00286.jpg

Last edited:
you know i tried putting a 194 led bulb in my door, but it wouldnt light up. the company i bought it from, autolumination, said 194 is the only bulb size they sell and it is interchangeable with 168. the led bulb works on the rear licnese plate, but will not work when i put it in the door. what do you think the problem is?

also 1loudlx, how do you like the white bulbs in your interior? do they light up as bright as the OEM bulbs? i bought some incandenscent super white bulbs, but when they came they didnt nearly light up the cabin as brightly as the originals.

LED bulbs are polarity sensitive, you maybe you just had the poles reversed? Did u try taking the bulb out and flipping it?

194 LEDs work fine in my door...and map light...and licence plates...
IMG_11401.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i checked the polarity and still no go. are those led bulbs as bright as the original ones or not as much? and where can i buy them?

check above, i posted a picture comparing to a regular incan. bulb. I bought them at a local place, donno where to get them online, they were 30 for a pair here.

alright thanks man. it maybe because my car is 2 years older. thats the only reason i can think of. i tried the led bulb in both directions and it never worked, but outside, it works just fine. do you happen to remember the brand name and model number of the bulbs you bought so i can buy the same ones?

Last edited:
1loud;
Are the comparison pics from the parking lamp or the headlamp? And the ones you took a pic of are the same PIAA LED ones from my Ebay link?

Huh. interesting.. if they don't match the Sylvania Hyperwhite 9005/9006 bulbs I put in the headlamps, I will pull them out and get the ones you have. Each company has a different tint to their bulbs due to style, gas mix and lens.

Thanks for the hard work.. Let me see what I get in a week!

Keep you informed.

the pictures i posted are comparing Polarg LEDs to PIAA LEDs to stock 168 wedge base incand bulbs.

First picture is Polarg/incand and the 2nd is the PIAAs, both pictures are in a 2005 LS430 tail light housing. And yes, the PIAA LEDs i had bought were in the exact same packaging as the ebay one.

Cool. I will let you know what I find!

Cheers from Sunny Miami (I actually have the converible out today)

the pictures i posted are comparing Polarg LEDs to PIAA LEDs to stock 168 wedge base incand bulbs.

First picture is Polarg/incand and the 2nd is the PIAAs, both pictures are in a 2005 LS430 tail light housing. And yes, the PIAA LEDs i had bought were in the exact same packaging as the ebay one.

So. I got my PIAA 168's in today and when I went to throw them into the LC, they don't fit. The white housing around the bulb is too wide for the receiver slot they plug into. Do I have to dremmel out the housing or something? That seems a bit silly.. but what are your thoughts?

force it in there...i got em to fit. Just dont break anything.

huh... let me get a beer and give that a shot.. back soon.

huh... let me get a beer and give that a shot.. back soon.

So.. I did get them in and also realize that my arms are too big to get to the drivers side bulb easily.. but that is another issue all together..

As you said, the PIAA are too blue-ish. They look better than stock but they do not match the Sylvania bulbs I have in there.

I am going to order the ones you recommended. Get back to you in a couple weeks when they get here.

Cheers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom