Anyone Running Mini P/S with 36x12.5? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJS

Threads
I like to wheel a mixed bag, so I don't see a ton of low-speed rockcrawling. I like tight trails, sand, and...uh...mud. Basically, I'm more of an expeditionary wheeler. Is anyone running 36x12.5 with Minitruck PS? I'd imagine it would function more as a power-assist off-road. Rubbing aside, how does it do?​
I like it for the ease and price.

I've got a freshly rebuilt stock steering center arm at the shop that one of my customers managed to rip out of the frame [ripped the ears off both sides of the center arm housing] using mini PS with 35s. I posted pics a while back. Others chimed in with stories of ripping apart center arms.

This has permanently changed my opinion of mini PS for any rig that runs big tires or sees trail use.:eek:

Mark A.

I've got a freshly rebuilt stock steering center arm at the shop that one of my customers managed to rip out of the frame [ripped the ears off both sides of the center arm housing] using mini PS with 35s. I posted pics a while back. Others chimed in with stories of ripping apart center arms.

This has permanently changed my opinion of mini PS for any rig that runs big tires or sees trail use.:eek:

Mark A.

Yikes. 60-series box it is. Thanks.

Anyone else, I really want to read this.

Read what?

That running tires larger than 33" with a locker on rocky trails is asking for trouble from the belcrank assembly?

On the other hand, can anyone link me up to a concise 60-series swap? I'm having trouble finding one.

Hit the F A Q man....

saginaw it up

If I do Sag, it's going to be a Scout II setup. I should have a 60 box readily available, so I'm going to explore that route. I can get some feedback from someone I know who does the swap regularly.

If I do Sag, it's going to be a Scout II setup. I should have a 60 box readily available, so I'm going to explore that route. I can get some feedback from someone I know who does the swap regularly.

I bought a Scout box from someone on Pirate last week just so I could compare the two side [the other is an FJ60] by side. One of them will be on my 45lwb before the summer, hopefully.

FWIW, Mark W.s write up for TT on the FJ60 swap was a big inspiration for this. You should look it up.;)

Dude, that thing is never going to leave the jack stands! :flip: The only thing you wheel is your comp! :lol:

Call Wally, hes got 3 trucks in his yard with the 60 series steering in them. Using mini truck pumps. Brians truck spit another box's seal this week, they were swaping it out while I was gathering parts. FYI: There are like 3 difrent bolt patterns they have found when using the '60 box.

Dude, that thing is never going to leave the jack stands! :flip: The only thing you wheel is your comp! :lol:

Call Wally, hes got 3 trucks in his yard with the 60 series steering in them. Using mini truck pumps. Brians truck spit another box's seal this week, they were swaping it out while I was gathering parts. FYI: There are like 3 difrent bolt patterns they have found when using the '60 box.

I know, I know. It's off jack stands, though. :D

Yeah, I was going to call Wally and pick his brain on the subject.

Yes, do tell.

Anyone else, I really want to read this.

Are those Q78's you're running (35.5")? If so, it may be doable due to the narrow width. I don't think they're more than 10" wide on 6" rims.

Are those Q78's you're running (35.5")? If so, it may be doable due to the narrow width. I don't think they're more than 10" wide on 6" rims.

Q78's.
35.5x10.5x15
Do not think the rims are 6in, that is way to thin. I will check when I go back to the garage though.

Q78's.
35.5x10.5x15
Do not think the rims are 6in, that is way to thin. I will check when I go back to the garage though.

OT from the mintruck/FJ60...but I have saginaw and Q78s on stock steelies and my steering is very easy, dare I say even easier than my FZJ80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom