Borla or OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some fool welded my exhaust to my frame. I am going to have to replace most of it. head to cats, cats, and muffler to tip. Should I get all OEM or do an after market stainless steel w-no cats. Anbody got any wisdom in the exhaust corner of cruiser world?

OEM heads, aftermarket high flow cats (cheap, same), OEM muff, get a resonator, have somebody pipe it all up.

OEM all the way.
Cheers,
Sean

IIRC, the OEM has a lifetime warranty.....

IIRC, the OEM has a lifetime warranty.....

Lifetime warranty?! Really?

Can someone confirm this? could save big bucks if true. Sounds too good to be true.

I like my Borla stuff for sound, but I haven't been impressed with the quality. Every hanger weld leaks, the front hanger broke, and the pipe is really weak. I set the full weight of my truck on the pipe that runs under the frame aft of the cats and it crushed it. Weak. Definitely not strong enough to be used as a slider.

JDM Suxon racing – 3 inch dual exhaust system.
One Magnaflow cat part # 94006 – 3 in inlet/ outlet.
JDM AWD Take- Off - Isometric exhaust manifold.

:flipoff2::flipoff2:

You got pics?

Magnaflow cat for sure, no more rock grabbing stock high dollar crap. I am going with a dynamax 3 chamber muffler. I tried stock but that fat bastard won't fit under there and survive what I drive over.

You got pics?

Sure.. ;)

Pic 1- JDM Suxon racing – bolt- on 3 inch pipe dual exhaust system, the magnaflow cat part# 94006 you can get them here in the U.S and last pic JDM AWD Take- Off - Isometric exhaust manifold (It still sittin in the garage, no time to install it yet) I believe CDan want me to give it to him and exchange with new 5.7 Tundra block :D
Hitch kit.JPG
Amikura Manifold_03.jpg

JDM cruiser AWD Take- Off - Isometric exhaust manifold VS OEM manifold.

That looks like it should flow better than stock to me without any doubt, but is it going to the outside of the frame?

Yes, it's going to outside of the frame same as OEM Pic 1 and Pic 2 but except bigger and better flow, and Pic 3 with the resonator for Diesel application.

Are you sure that pic 3 isn't a flexible joint to allow for the increased vibration of a diesel?

Yes, it's going to outside of the frame same as OEM Pic 1 and Pic 2 but except bigger and better flow, and Pic 3 with the resonator for Diesel application.

Whose truck is that (with the custom exhaust)?

Over the frame is without a doubt the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom