Planning to take the Scenic way to Cruise Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
After registering for Cruise Moab I decided to make it into a tour of the West Coast and am looking for your input on places to Camp and Things to do along the way. I would like to stay in wilderness camping areas as much as possible. I only have a few Places I have to be.

1. Upland, CA Friday April 27th Mid-day
2. Moab, Ut Wednesday May 2nd Early Afternoon throw Sunday May 6th
3. Home, Vancouver, BC May 10th Afternoon

Here is my rough itinerary:

April 25, Leave Vancouver, BC early morning and make it to Mt. Shasta area (12 Hrs Drive)
- I’m looking for a good spot to camp near I-5

April 26, Leave Mt. Shasta Area to Hungry Valley Area (8.5 Hrs Drive)
- Anyone know of any good camping spots?

April 27, Leave Hungry Valley Area to Upland (2 Hrs Drive)
- Leave Upland 3-4 PM to East CA or AZ (3-4 Hrs Drive)
- I’m looking to hit some trails heading towards AZ. Is anyone going to be in the area?

April 28, 29, 30, May 1
Are pretty much open for anything. I would like to make it to the Grand Canyon and area before heading to Moab. Any suggestions?

May 2, Leave Grand Canyon Area early morning to Moab (6 Hrs Drive)
- Anyone else heading to Moab from this area?
May 3, 4, 5 Cruise Moab

May 6, Leave Moab and Make my way towards Yellowstone
- I’m looking for a spot to Camp 6- 8 hrs out of Moab

May 7, Get to Yellowstone and spend the night (2-3 Hrs Drive)

May 8, Leave Yellowstone and head towards Spokane Area (7 Hrs Drive)
- Anyone know of somewhere to Camp around Spokane?

May 9, Spokane Area to Princeton Area (6 Hrs)
- Camp along Whipsaw Creek

May 10, Princeton Area to Home (3 Hrs Drive)

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions,

>May 6, Leave Moab and Make my way towards Yellowstone
>- I’m looking for a spot to Camp 6- 8 hrs out of Moab

look into echo park on the colorado side of dinosaur national monument. it is a beautiful place down there and there probably wont be anyone around at all. make sure its open first before going; i understand they close the road during winter.

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=HGR205-005

be sure to post pics

one love
jah bill

Big Bear would be alot more fun than the Hungry Valley area.

Pismo Beach might also be fun, one of the last beach wheelin and camping areas in the US.

A group of us from the Copper State Cruisers are leaving Phoenix on the 28th and driving to Mexican Hat, UT. The 29th we will be running John's Canyon trail and back to Mexican Hat for the night. On the 30th touring Comb Ridge, Arch Canyon area and ending up in Monticello. May 1st running Lockhart Basin into Moab. Your welcome to join in if any of that sounds good?

Leave, Upland, head up the I-15 to Harvard, take Afton Canyon and stay on it till the Colorado river(Mojove Road) cross over at Bullhead City, go north towards Hoover Dam, get off the Highway at Dolan Springs, about ten miles in a dirt road leading into the Grand Canyon, take it all the way around the rim till you get to the indian reservations, then Camp near Monument Valley.

For Me its straight up I-15 to the I-70 and Moab, 13 hours+:frown:

Ps show up in Moab on Tuesday, some great wheeling goes on, on Tuesday and wendsday, pre running, its a little secret, dont tell anyone

Ps show up in Moab on Tuesday, some great wheeling goes on, on Tuesday and wendsday, pre running, its a little secret, dont tell anyone

We are arriving on Tuesday the plan is to run something off of 128 on Wednesday, Onion Creek, Rose Garden Hill, Kokopelli Trail area. Spent a day back there in October and the scenery is awesome, very unique.:cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On the 30th touring Comb Ridge, Arch Canyon area and ending up in Monticello. May 1st running Lockhart Basin into Moab. Your welcome to join in if any of that sounds good?

I think the 30th and the 1st will work, Thanks for the invite:beer:

Leave, Upland, head up the I-15 to Harvard, take Afton Canyon and stay on it till the Colorado river(Mojove Road) cross over at Bullhead City, go north towards Hoover Dam, get off the Highway at Dolan Springs, about ten miles in a dirt road leading into the Grand Canyon, take it all the way around the rim till you get to the indian reservations, then Camp near Monument Valley.

For Me its straight up I-15 to the I-70 and Moab, 13 hours+:frown:

This looks promising. Thanks

We are arriving on Tuesday the plan is to run something off of 128 on Wednesday, Onion Creek, Rose Garden Hill, Kokopelli Trail area. Spent a day back there in October and the scenery is awesome, very unique.:cool:

I'm sold after seeing those photo's :). Quite a differance from all the trees and mud we have around here.

Big Bear, Pismo Beach and echo park look good but I will have to see what I can fit into my timeline. Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks again

ahhhh.........Monument Valley !

Last edited:
In the Mt Shasta area I would camp either on the Sacramento River down by Dunsmiur, or right by Mt Shasta is lake Siskiyou, I want to say that it is 20 mins off of I-5. There is also Castle Crags State park that is in the area off of I-5. There are plenty of camps sites in that whole section of Freeway. Josh

In the Mt Shasta area I would camp either on the Sacramento River down by Dunsmiur, or right by Mt Shasta is lake Siskiyou, I want to say that it is 20 mins off of I-5. There is also Castle Crags State park that is in the area off of I-5. There are plenty of camps sites in that whole section of Freeway. Josh

Thanks, this look good. Nice and easy spots to find, unforchanatly this time around I will not have a lot of time to explore the area.

get off the Highway at Dolan Springs, about ten miles in a dirt road leading into the Grand Canyon, take it all the way around the rim till you get to the indian reservations, then Camp near Monument Valley.

Do you have any more information on this part that you can share with me... I have not been able to find anything on my topo's that looks like it go's throw... PM me if you don't wont to post it up here...

Thanks again

Do's anyone have anymore ideas for the Salt Lake City to Yellowstone area? and Spokane area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom