runnin to cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just got done rebuilding motor "head gasket" so it is all back together and it runs great but it won't get hot , air blows ok warm but it usually sits at 2nd line but only gets to first line. the only thing is i didn't replace the thermostat but i boiled it at 190 and it opened up i don't know if is stuck open now let me know thanks

i just got done rebuilding motor "head gasket" so it is all back together and it runs great but it won't get hot , air blows ok warm but it usually sits at 2nd line but only gets to first line. the only thing is i didn't replace the thermostat but i boiled it at 190 and it opened up i don't know if is stuck open now let me know thanks
that little rubber o ring/looking gasket did you put it on top of the thermostat:confused:

054E2.gif
#18 from specter( off road)

Like cruiser said, you just need that oring. Mine was missing as well, and the truck just wouldnt warm up all the way.

does that come with a new thermostat if you buy one i didn't see one when i tore it apart could that cause it not to warm up

does that come with a new thermostat if you buy one i didn't see one when i tore it apart could that cause it not to warm up
that stat does not come with the ring.:frown: sadly its common for folks not to know that it takes it.i knew it but just took a year for me to get around to do it;p then i realized i had pressure

how much is that o ring and do i have to get it from spector because i get alot from them and i can't wait for a week is it ok to run it like that and ru sure that won't let it warm up why what does that o ring do

how much is that o ring and do i have to get it from spector because i get alot from them and i can't wait for a week is it ok to run it like that and ru sure that won't let it warm up why what does that o ring do
the oring allows the coolent to flow faster (versous the water going around the thermostat and traveling slowly so to speak)and more efficently. anotherwards when ALL of the coolent is being pushed into the thermostat it warms up faster.and yes you can drive it like this.just go to advance pay like 2 bucks and you will have it the next day if you do not want oem

so it does not go around the edge of thermo it just sits on top of thermo

so it does not go around the edge of thermo it just sits on top of thermo

Yeah it just sits on top. Without it the water just flows around the thermostat and it acts like its stuck open.

this is the best sweet thanks alot will post and let you know whats up later thanks agian

big help for me too I've replaced mine twice and I'm tired of getting crummy mpg's from a cold engine. I might go check mine tonight.

hey just put o ring on and making sure it is right it sits right on top of thermo not around the buttom of thermo put it on the temp went up and the temp gauge read between 2nd line and 3rd line is that hot

it stays right in that area should i be worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom