60 Series Owners with OME Suspension. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody.

I recently had a 2" Old man emu lift kit fitted.

It contained

OME 2" Leaf Springs
OME N50 Shock Absorbers
OME Bushing Kit
OME Steering Damper.

Whenever i take it off road, or get the rear wheels to drop down under flex, when the springs returns to it's usual position, the rear shackles invert themselves.

Should this happen ? I also managed to do it going over a little bump out at Vineyards.

I took it back to the people who fitted them and they where "Suprised"

I have since bought a set of OME anti inversion shackles but am yet to fit them.

The Shackles Invert themselves towards the front of the car, so the spring pack is arched more and thus the car is higher, it also bounces alot when they are inverted.

Here are the model numbers too... just for everyones info!

I really want to know if they've stuffed this up.. cause i spent a large amount of money in total with these guys just recently.

Part #'s

Fronts: CS005F - Spring 51-110
Rear CS004RA - Medium Load

Pics:

IMAGE249.jpg

IMAGE248.jpg

IMAGE247.jpg

IMAGE246.jpg

IMAGE245.jpg

IMAGE244.jpg

IMAGE243.jpg

Dan

Anti-Inversion Shackles prevent Shackle flip (under) to frame.......
coolfj40_1938_363457436.gif

Dan,

Your shackles are way too straight. It is not uncommon to overtorque the shackle/bushings when installed, which is probaly your problem. When you get your anti-inversion installed, that will solve the problem. They won't invert anymore.

In the meantime loosen the bushings a bit & see if that helps. Driving around will also help....but not if overtightend.

No bigge, easy fix.

Agree with John.

To answer your question, no. I've had a bunch of different set ups, and wheeled all of them. Never flipped a spring back. Never seen it happen on a 60 series, either.

well as the new spring settle a bit your shackle angle will improve as time goes on. I do not have any personal experience with OME and how much the settle but that is definetly not an optimal shackle angle, should be close to 45* right?

Dylan

Thankyou for your reply, the shackles previously used to sit at 45* but after a bit of wheeling they sit veritcally.

Dan,

Your shackles are way too straight. It is not uncommon to overtorque the shackle/bushings when installed, which is probaly your problem. When you get your anti-inversion installed, that will solve the problem. They won't invert anymore.

In the meantime loosen the bushings a bit & see if that helps. Driving around will also help....but not if overtightend.

No bigge, easy fix.

:( I'm not sure how tight they are as i don't have a tension wrench, but i will borrow one and see if it makes a difference.

I've been thinking about going to ARB and getting them to go over the install with a fine tooth comb, but as i work 5 days a week i don't have much time to organise this, although i will try.

Thankyou for your reply :)

Agree with John.

To answer your question, no. I've had a bunch of different set ups, and wheeled all of them. Never flipped a spring back. Never seen it happen on a 60 series, either.

The more people i talk to, the more people are suprised that they are inverting. Thanks for your reply.

Dan

Dan,
Just loosen up the shackle bolts a bit & drive it. Your problem will go away.

Take it to ARB if you want...but it is pretty hard to screw up this install. It's pretty straightforward. And you are right they don't invert that often. But they can...that's why they sell 'anti-inversion' shackles. I've got 2 sets of OME 's, both w/anti-inversions. The last set I ordered directly from ARB in Seattle. I suggested to them that I would be trying to save some $$ & not order the anti-inversion. The guy @ ARB strongly suggested I rethink that, so after a little discussion I went ahead & got 'em. Now one could argue that it was his job to increase the $$ amount of the sale. But I don't think so. It was one of those times that 'you had to be there'. I think he was giving me his best advice. I do know that it can be a major headache if they invert. Not always...but it can be.

Loosen them and run 'em. Good luck, John

I understand that, and have purchased a set

The aim of this thread was to ask othe 60 series owners, if they need to install this to stop inversion.

And thus check if my suspension was installed correctly.

At my shop Anti-Inversion Shackles are highly recommended and some cases a must on ome due to the inversion factor... its just good insurance to protect instances such as yours... there is some added cost, but .. keeps everyone happy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom