Clutch slave cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Clutch slave cylinder blew out on me. :doh:
After reviewing here I plan on replacing both the master and slave. Is this kit from CCOT what I should go with?
http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/clutmasslavc.html

Who is CDan that I've seen referenced? Do they/he have a better kit?

I'm not sure if my set-up is from the 1971 or the 77 part of it's life. It would seem it doesn't matter with the CCOT set-up. Currently my slave is on the drivers side if that helps.

Here is a shot of my master cylinder. Don't have a pic of the slave.

mastercylinder.jpg

Looks like a stock '71 set-up. Don't remember if I used CCOT master and slave but have used their brake master and wheel cylinders with no issues. That was before disk set-up...

Hey mutt, please top-off your brake master cylinder....

Thanks. That's an older pick. I did top it off but it's back down. :frown: I pulled the rears and they need a full rebuild. It's coming along. Alot of that thanks to everyone here!:cheers:

Seems my master is original, but I've got the 1977 2F and 4 speed etc. Could that be a problem or will this kit work for that?
Also is therea better one out there for the money?

hey bud, i noticed your in tallahassee, you should look into trail rides with us or even TLCA, and GSMTR meets... i can help you out getting parts for your truck if you need to..i can probably hook you up with some deals if need be ( i work at an auto parts store) check out our community at www.nfcruiserheads.org

I just bought from here, very high quality and CHEAPER THAN BUYING FROM TOYOTA, even with cdan's discount.

http://www.aautopartstore.com/epcvso...artstor e.com

Thanks for the link. That is cheap. :eek: Was it in fact OEM when you got it?
I didn't see a slave but the added shipping for different vendors might be worth the savings.

I'm trying to call CCOT but can't get through. It doesn't say if the kit they have is OEM or aftermarket. I assume it's aftermarket at the price. If I already have a 71 master with a 77 slave, and they're plumbed up, do I really need the kit or just a 71 master and a 77 slave?

Thanks for the link. That is cheap. :eek: Was it in fact OEM when you got it?
I didn't see a slave but the added shipping for different vendors might be worth the savings.

I'm trying to call CCOT but can't get through. It doesn't say if the kit they have is OEM or aftermarket. I assume it's aftermarket at the price. If I already have a 71 master with a 77 slave, and they're plumbed up, do I really need the kit or just a 71 master and a 77 slave?

http://www.aautopartstore.com/item....s/stores/servlet/imc/images/tn/3141060022.jpg

Go with this one. Buy a few more parts and get it up to 75 dollars. It's free shipping then.

Spend 23 more dollars and buy the 80-83 slave cylinder and let us know if it will work. I'm sure someone might know.

Do you have a 4spd?

He said slave is on drivers side. Makes me think it is '71. No expert but know about mine. Not sure when they went to the other side. My '78 is on the other side?

Go with this one. Buy a few more parts and get it up to 75 dollars. It's free shipping then.

Spend 23 more dollars and buy the 80-83 slave cylinder and let us know if it will work. I'm sure someone might know.

Do you have a 4spd?

You must need a good deal on an 80-83 slave when someone can't get it to work. ;p I think I'm going to go with the sure bet. I may get the master though and then find something else to bump it up.

I do have a 4 speed.

Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom