Scrap Metal Cooler Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyland4x4.com
Well I finally got tired of warm water and got myself a cooler. Now in a 40 you know theres not alot of room for one. So I had already made my tire carrier a gas can holder so I decided to add to it. I started by adding inch square tubing uprights. One side I used the hinge bolts , the other side I used the old tire holder holes.
start.jpg

hingemount.jpg

I had to space out the gas holder to clear the inch tubing
gascarrier.jpg

Then I made a cooler holder from a bed frame I stole from someones garbage.
bedrack.jpg

I welded the cooler holder on the truck to make sure it would bolt on and off
firstpart.jpg

Then I had to make the 45 degree supports I used the top bolt of the bottom hinge this time and made a new hole in the carrier for the other side
sidesupport.jpg

sideshaft.jpg

45support.jpg

I then welded thesupports on the truck also. Then I painted everything and bolted it back up.
painted2.jpg

painted.jpg

Then I loaded it up and its solid as a rock. My cruiser is a 70 so I have the heavy tire carrier. With the bolts going thru the diamond plate its very solid. I use to run my 35" spare on it and had no problems. Im moving my spare to the wheelwell behine my seat. This took me about 5 hours mostly looking for bolts!
done.jpg

done2.jpg

Got to use some scrap I had laying around and can actually bring stuff to eat now on the trail!:D

Last edited:
quote: most of the time looking for bolts.

What happened to all those J@#p bolts that I picked up on Golden Spike and threw in the back of your rig last year??

Nice. Shiniest thing on the cruiser. You're getting serious about this wheeling stuff. Next thing you know you'll be bringing one of your wives huh?

boy, that's shiny!
nice rack, find a bottle opener for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom