So Long and For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
Battle Born Cruisers- thank you all for your hospitality at the one and only meeting I was able to attend here. Unfortunatly, my plans for participation in the group and exploration of this great state have been canceled by a career opportunity that can't be passed up. As this is an interstate move, the little 82 Long Bed I picked up can't come along- please see below.
Thank you again, and good luck and happy trails to all,
Grant

FS 82 Long Bed 4x4 Cal truck. Reno, NV 1200 or offer

Local sale only- please don’t make offers on this until you see it in person so you know what you are getting.
Contact- Grant, 775 747 3228, or cell 775 247 6781 or grantmossman@gmail.com

DETAILS:
1982 Toyota Longbed 4X4 SR-5 truck, 22r Cal Emissions.
PS, no air, SR-5 gauges good, stock radio, seats, camper window, vent windows, good dash
304,XXX on the truck, 150,XXX on motor and trans (so I’m told)

CONDITION:
Surface rust from being in Tahoe area. A few spots close to penetrating on bed.
Tires mostly hold air.
Very good dash and instrument clusters, has not been cut up (NO butchered stereo/speakers install)
Previous owner said he ran bad gas in it, which supposedly is why it ran rough
I ran Seafoam through it, really made a difference but still rough (rough, variable idle- smoothes out at speed but feels held back).
May be vacuum issue, carb, accelerator pump.
Power steering has a whine, clutch needs adjusting, brakes need bleeding- all are functional though.
Truck is very stock and unmolested/unaltered- images at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/grantmossman/

WHY (boo hoo):
I picked this up several months ago, finally having time and $ to get back into wheeling (its been a 6 year exile from life with wheeling and trucks, and the therapy they both provided). I have had many Toyotas and other old, abused trucks, and I get a feel for which ones have a heart of gold and which are just a few tons of soon to be scrap steel with no life in them- like you can tell at the pound which dogs will be loyal friends for a lifetime and which will kill your wife’s cat and run off at the first chance they get. Well, this was the first truck I found here that had a good feel, even though it ran rough. I tinkered with it some, replaced some vacuum fittings, and started planning what I wanted to make it into... Then the dark, ominous cloud of career ambitions cast its shadow on our life, and we now are picking up and making another multi-state move in pursuit of greener pastures, and this little truck will be one of the many sacrifices we’ll have to make to accomplish this transition. So not only do I have to sell it (undoubtedly for a loss), but my hopes of returning to the pass time and fellowship I love and long for are again put off again indefinitely (sniff, sniff).
SO- I hope it will go to someone that will enjoy it, and not to the clowns that want to send it to Guatemala or whatever.
Realistically, I hope there is someone local that needs a Cal emissions truck project. The dash and instruments are sweet, it is overall very stock and unmolested, and the rust is not so far gone that it can’t be addressed.
I am asking 1200, but am open to offers from Toyota folks (I am posting it to craigslist and will be less flexible to the general public). I move in 10 days and need to have this gone ASAP.

Hey Grant,
Good luck with your upcoming adventure. Where are you relocating?

Hey Grant,
Good luck with your upcoming adventure. Where are you relocating?

Everett, WA- I hear they get a little weather up there, but you can't believe everything you hear.
Really regret not being able to get out with you guys- but hopefully will get back for a wheeling vacaction at some point.

Hey Grant - I didn't know you came back out west. For those who don't know Grant was the architect and engineer behind the "Stout" bumper series. We used to wheel when he had a bad a$$ 85 pu, back in NM. I remember him and Robbie running a fault line on the La Bajada trail between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...

Are you still making bumpers Grant?

Grant, it's been a very long time! Last i heard you were up in NY or something. Anyway best of luck with your move. I drove by the old shop the other day just for old-time's sake.

-Nathan

Hey Grant - I didn't know you came back out west. For those who don't know Grant was the architect and engineer behind the "Stout" bumper series. We used to wheel when he had a bad a$$ 85 pu, back in NM. I remember him and Robbie running a fault line on the La Bajada trail between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...

Are you still making bumpers Grant?

Grant, it's been a very long time! Last i heard you were up in NY or something. Anyway best of luck with your move. I drove by the old shop the other day just for old-time's sake. Nathan

Moved outta NYC 16 months ago after 5 years of riding the subway to a desk job. Took a year to find time to find a Toy, and made it to one BBCCNN meeting, but never saw a trail. Now packing everything up for another interstate move.
I fly a desk now- have not had a chance to strike an arc in probably 5 years.

I think Jack should buy this and tube out the bed. I could tell he was jonesing to get into the rocks on the ELdorado run Sat.

Common Jack, you know you want it, just do it.
devil.gif

I think Jack should buy this and tube out the bed. I could tell he was jonesing to get into the rocks on the ELdorado run Sat.

devil.gif

This thing can't go with me, so one way or another its gotta stay here. If it does not sell maybe I can make a screaming offer to the BBCCNN and you guys can make it a club project truck.

This thing can't go with me, so one way or another its gotta stay here. If it does not sell maybe I can make a screaming offer to the BBCCNN and you guys can make it a club project truck.

:grinpimp:

devil.gif

I don't need your help with temptations:doh:

Jack

Grant,

I sent you an email.

Jack

devil.gif

John's trying to get this one... Dan's friend that was driving the FJ60

Battle Born Cruisers- thank you all for your hospitality at the one and only meeting I was able to attend here. Unfortunatly, my plans for participation in the group and exploration of this great state have been canceled by a career opportunity that can't be passed up. As this is an interstate move, the little 82 Long Bed I picked up can't come along- please see below.
Thank you again, and good luck and happy trails to all,
Grant

Grant, will you be keeping your gmail address? As you have paid your dues, your still a member. I will send the minutes to the email address you want.
Best of luck in Washinton.
Mike