Finaly, ordered the OME setup! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After all of the questions and doubts, went Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and ordered the OME Heavy/Med with an ADL for the rear in case I need it. Went with the more 'softer' shocks. Ultimate kit, of course.

Guess I better start soaking up things w/PB Laster :)

Thanks all for the feedback, and thanks Kurt!

:cheers:

Way to go phoenixrider, you won't regret it.

Yep, start hitting with PBBlaster.

:cheers:

well, at least installing it won't be all that difficult. My off-raod buddy owns a Toy repair shop so I'll be able to do the work there on a weekend with his help - for a case or 2 of beer!

When you're installing the new leafs, start w/the fixed eye, then do the shackeled one, then set the axle on the centering pin. MUCH EASIER!

Yeah, well, like I said, I'm able to do this at my bid's shop - and he's done dozens of these things, so hopefuly, things should go pretty smoothly, and we'll be kicking back drinking some beer at the end of the day looking at the lifted FJ :)

I would recommend loading running around town with some weight in the back to soften that bad boy up. I put a load of sod in mine and it went from riding like a tank to riding like a pickup. After some loaded up camping trips it is a good ride.

When I had my first frosty beverage to admire my work I was greated sourly by the fact that I had put my left spring on the right and visa versa and had a mean lean. Two days later after inquiring on mudd I swapped the sides and could finally could enjoy a cold one and admire my work.

I agree with these guys.
GOOD FOR YOU ON ORDERING FROM KURT. I will NOT make the same mistake again (ordered from the other primary source from around here...and am still awaiting a response from them)! At least I know Kurt will be fair/honest and knows whats up.
Enjoy the battle...you will win in the end.

i like beer and looking at lifted yotas. need more help?

well, at least installing it won't be all that difficult. My off-raod buddy owns a Toy repair shop so I'll be able to do the work there on a weekend with his help - for a case or 2 of beer!

You're lucky, when I did my wrenching outside in the sun in Phoenix, I had to keep all my wrenches in a coffee can filled with water so they would stay cool enough to actually hold in my hands!:crybaby:

Are there good instructions that come w/the kit from Kurt? So we'll know which spring is which? I helped my friend yesterday swap a rear end and put on the OME springs on a FJ40. The customer had ordered everything from MAF, and not a single piece of instruction anywhere. Everything went pretty smooth, until we had to figure out which way the 4+ anti-inversion shackles had to go. Instructions would have helped with that :) Just hope there's not left and right springs on the 40 as well....

Are there good instructions that come w/the kit from Kurt? So we'll know which spring is which? I helped my friend yesterday swap a rear end and put on the OME springs on a FJ40. The customer had ordered everything from MAF, and not a single piece of instruction anywhere. Everything went pretty smooth, until we had to figure out which way the 4+ anti-inversion shackles had to go. Instructions would have helped with that :) Just hope there's not left and right springs on the 40 as well....

The instructions are sparse....the shackles have enough info to make it easy. Kurt will answer your questions as to what goes where.
Give him a call after you get the stuff and it will be clear.

buy a propane torch and burn them biotches outta there it helped me like a mofo!

The shackles come with good instructions. On the rear the "A" spring goes on the drivers side. On your buddies lift with his help it will be a super quick install. Mine when on in less than 3 1/2 hours last W/E. 2 things that slowed us down a tiny bit were both removal related. The old front shocks were difficult to get off - but 2 mins with a cut off wheel and off they came. The old steering stabliser required some pretty serious pounding with a 4lb sledge on the pickle fork. Actually it all seemed too easy.

It'll help alot getting it up on a lift, instead of working on the ground. Plus, being in a 'professional' shop with all sorts of tools really helps also :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom