Which relay is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry my camera is out on loan right now and I am an electrical rookie. The relay I have has 3 connections on it: L B S. It has a single bolt mount and no other writing on it. Its roughly 3"x1"x1". I know its not the horn relay, but I cant identify it on the diagram. Thanks for your help.

73 FJ40

Got pics
Photo 14.jpg
Photo 15.jpg

Last edited:
Horn relay???

No, my horn relay is connected and it is labeled HBS. The one in the pic is LBS. This fj had just enough wires to run and I am in the process of the "painless" install :doh:

Well, looks like a horn relay to me, too. What was it connected to? Like what colors are the wires?

Ed:confused:

It was in the glove box just collecting dust. I assume it goes under the hood

It is a 73-fj

The relay is from a intermittent wiper controller........ you can see L B S stamped on it.......
SD801029 (Custom).JPG
SD801026 (Custom).JPG

The relay is from a intermittent wiper controller........ you can see L B S stamped on it.......

Right on, where was it mounted? Driver fender?

Yep...

This wiper controller thing, was it a factory option?:confused:

It's a factory style relay and the 63 I had used it but the 65 I swapped to did not... I cannot see it being a tunr signal relay, I mean why in the heck would a turn signal need a relay? Really... Sheesh... ;)

I dont know where it went on my 63 because I just yanked out the harness but it's very likely an early style horn relay and you will not likely find a place for in in the Painless harness, so maybe you should toss the dirty little thing in the garbage....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom