As requested! Before and after pics of shackle lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few nights back I posted a thread about installing new lift shackles on my 62. A few people requested before and after pics of the improvement. Well, I put the wheels and tires on today and here they are. I still have to put the AAL's on sometime next week, but couldn't wait to stick my new meats on.

Top:Before
Middle:After
Bottom:View of increased fender clearance
cruiserb4.jpg

Last edited:
And with the wheels and tires.
cruiserwithwheels.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great! New tires and a little lift make all the difference in the look of these rigs.

Congrats!

Thanks for the compliment. And it is a huge change. I have fallen in love with it all over again.

I like those wheels, kind of an unusual choice. Nice.

That's one of the things I like most about them. Not only are they a light, strong wheel, but the style suits the rig nicely, and I have never seen them before. Something different.

The shackles gave me 2 inches, and when I get the AAL's in, that will get me about another 1.5-2 inches. The tires fit ok now, but that extra bit of clearance will be nice when I get into the rough stuff. My sig has all the current stats, but the new tires are 33x12.5's. It had the stock size 235/75's before hand.

The shackles gave me 2 inches, and when I get the AAL's in, that will get me about another 1.5-2 inches. The tires fit ok now, but that extra bit of clearance will be nice when I get into the rough stuff. My sig has all the current stats, but the new tires are 33x12.5's. It had the stock size 235/75's before hand.

That's what I thought. It looked like about 2" of lift and 33" tires. Nice combination. If mine wasn't an already slow 4 cyl. diesel I'd probably do that same (but I like the fuel economy and sound as a trade off). I don't particularly like the look of the stock tires (or probably my 30" tires) with a lift. The bigger 33" tires make all the difference. Very nice looking truck. :cheers:

Nice looking '62!

Maybe I'll see you around Tualitin sometime. I'm across the river in Vancouver, but get down to Tualitin fairly often. (Woodcraft and PC Club!)

That's what I thought. It looked like about 2" of lift and 33" tires. Nice combination. If mine wasn't an already slow 4 cyl. diesel I'd probably do that same (but I like the fuel economy and sound as a trade off). I don't particularly like the look of the stock tires (or probably my 30" tires) with a lift. The bigger 33" tires make all the difference. Very nice looking truck. :cheers:

I don't care for the small tires with the lift either. I just put the lift on thursday in anticipation of doing the wheels and tires today. Up until then, the suspension was completely stock. And thanks!

Nice looking '62!

Maybe I'll see you around Tualitin sometime. I'm across the river in Vancouver, but get down to Tualitin fairly often. (Woodcraft and PC Club!)

Im always keeping an eye out for other local Cruisers. If you don't recogonize the wheels, I have a green and yellow camoflauge pattern OREGON sticker across the back window, and two smaller silver mountain bike stickers on the upper corners of the rear window. One of them says GT and the other is GIANT. (brand, not size. ;) )

Looks great! Are those stock springs you have there and are you getting ready to add-a-leaf?

that rig is the shiznit!

Nice looking rig! The 33's make a huge difference. It looks mean and tough. I'm saving some side money to get a lift and some 33's :cheers:

Nice to see the before and after.

FJ62 and and Oregon fan! Didn't think there could be two of us. I'm in Eugene but am up in that area quite a bit. FYI - two tone grey and beige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom