Step Ups to replace Running Board?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

johnny4ever

Test appropriately
Threads
Website
www.popartdavis.com
Are there any such things? Looking for a single foot step for my 97 after I remove the running boards.

Really just need something for the wife to get up in the back seat.

Options?

John D

Why are you removing the running boards?

Sliders will work and protect your body from damage, many of the vendores here make them, do a search on sliders- nerf bars-

BTW does your wife always ride in the back seat?;)

My wife does to take care of the baby....

Why are you removing the running boards?

Beacause I wanna be cool like everyone else.

I actually do not use them and I really do like the extra visual lift it gives the profile.

I plan to 86 the third row seats too.

My wife rides in the back with my daughter.

J

If you are not upgrading to sliders, removing the running boards is counter productive, especially just to be cool. Why spend money on step tubes when the running boards give you want you need. And you already have them.

I'd also go out on a limb and say the running boards are tougher than any of those thin wall tube steps.

I actually do not use them.........

....My wife rides in the back with my daughter.

Which one is it?

Removing the running boards and adding a hoop step is trading one damage multiplier for another.

Which one is it?

Removing the running boards and adding a hoop step is trading one damage multiplier for another.

Dearest semantic Dan,

It is both "I" do not use them to step into the driver seat and
She sits in the back. I was thinking I could install steps for the back seats.
:flipoff2:
Sounds like in the quest for acceptance I have yet again designated myself "poser".

Honestly though, I though it would be a great and FREE mod that would greatly improve the lines of the truck. Can we at least agree that 80's look cooler without the boards?

I think the arb steps and slider require that you have an ARB bumper as well... I think.

And yes, I agree. the 80 definately looks better without the running boards. If you do pull them off, buying a front fender mud-flap will give it a cleaner look also.

What ever you put back as a step make sure to take into account rust. I have had two sets of nerf bars rust up quick (1-2 years each). Sliders are next for sure. Maybe do a SS hoop step.

Kevin

I had an uncle give me all four steps. He sold his 80 due to bad mileage and (just like mine) did not have running boards. I am planning to ad sliders and create come kind of quick disconnect mechanism that will let me take them down when off-road. and easily replace them in about :banana:10 min.:) I will need them in time for my lift:D. that way my :princess: and my 2 little:princess::princess: in training can climb in.

hey johnny, give me some time and i'll make you a set just for the rear doors.
is that pretty much what you're after is'nt it? so the wife can step up and in?

do you wheel this rig?

trust me ;)

That actually might be cool. I was looking for input first. I did get some input along with the silly ass remarks about my lack of slider savy.

Just to help clarify: I like the look of the Land Cruiser without the running boards. I also realize that they are, for my current family lifestyle, very functional. In an effort the have and eat my cake, I was hoping to discover or help create an option that allowed for cool cruiser lines and family functionality. Half sliders might be cool. I will draw up what I was thinking and post it here in a few.

Thanks for the inspiration.
J

That actually might be cool. I was looking for input first. I did get some input along with the silly ass remarks about my lack of slider savy.

Just to help clarify: I like the look of the Land Cruiser without the running boards. I also realize that they are, for my current family lifestyle, very functional. In an effort the have and eat my cake, I was hoping to discover or help create an option that allowed for cool cruiser lines and family functionality. Half sliders might be cool. I will draw up what I was thinking and post it here in a few.

Thanks for the inspiration.
J

K :D

Jim can make you a set that are 'removable' for when you venture away from the malls.

He added a 6" drop step to the sliders he built for my 60 series, it worked nicely. It basically gives you the best of both worlds. Step for town, nice slider for off road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom