Erratic idle 22RE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally get the frame rails repaired and the gas gauge fixed and my beater is back on the road. I have an erratic idle problem. Since this is my first foray into Toyotas, what should I replace or check out first? Are there any other issues with the 22 RE I should expect to encouter?

Thanks
BA

So I finally get the frame rails repaired and the gas gauge fixed and my beater is back on the road. I have an erratic idle problem. Since this is my first foray into Toyotas, what should I replace or check out first? Are there any other issues with the 22 RE I should expect to encouter?

Thanks
BA

How's the timing chain? MAF sensor?

22R platform is pretty simple. Add the E and it' gets a little more complicated.

Mine idles hi every once and a wile found out the throtle was hanging up a little. I wd40'ed the spring and it was fixed.

Is the 22RE notorious for stretching timing Chains? This is the second time I have heard this.

BA

TPS, ICV(?), fuel delivery, old dirty injectors

the service manuals have good trouble shooting.

timing is easy to check :D

is it loping (sp?) up..down..up, or eratic like fire fire misfire?

try to determine if it is spark related.:rolleyes:

Runs smooth, no miss. Just jumping up and down. Seems to get better as it warms up. It has to be a sensor of some sort. I need to get a service manual for this thing.

BA

Runs smooth, no miss. Just jumping up and down. Seems to get better as it warms up. It has to be a sensor of some sort. I need to get a service manual for this thing.

BA

O2 sensor or the MAF..IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom