Just bought my first TLC! -pics- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last night I got my first TLC- a 1991 FJ80. Ive attached a pic below. It only has 157K miles, is VERY clean, and runs flawlessly. I paid $4700 for it.

So Im just intruducing myself.... I just sold my truck, an access cab 2005 Tacoma TRD sport with 33" BFG muds and a 3" lift. My wife and I are expecting our first baby, so I got something a little more 'kid friendly' that I still can have fun with.

I also have an 85 4Runner that is lifted about 6" and on 33's- that is definately not good for babies, but Im keeping it as a toy.

So that is my story, Im a Toyota guy and have read up on the FJ80s and FZJ80s. For my price range and needs this deal was too good to pass up.

I know the rules to this forum, and I promise I will search and read the FAQ's before I ask any simple questions...

91 FJ40 - (sorry for the large photo size)
DSC09552.jpg

Inside... (look how clean!!!)

DSC09574.jpg

My 4runner

DSCF0099.JPG

Tacoma :crybaby: (I miss it, but not the payment)
CIMG7457.jpg

Welcome, and wow. That interior is in amazing shape for a 16 year old vehicle. Almost looks better than my 97. I know I'd trade my leather for your cloth in a heartbeat.

Good looking rig. That is very low miles for a 91. Did it come with that rack and lights or did you put them on?

Great find!

Welcome!:flipoff2:

Wow! Clean inside! Congrat on the baby too.... Get some sleep as much as you can now...

Welcome to mud...

The pic is actually one from the seller, and the rack didnt come with it... oh well, I still got a great deal. And no, it does not have front or rear lockers. Im so glad I bought it though- everyone I show is amazed at how clean it is. I dont have a pic of the engine, but even that is clean. It even has the original floor mats in it.... crazy.

Nice Cruiser!

Erg80

Nice find! Welcome!

Stupid question maybe, but that thing looks like it has a brand spakin new interior, you sure it's not a Katrina car?

Very nice :flipoff2:

Welcome! :flipoff2: Wheels/tires look great...

Red is best....
FZJ80_1994_600.jpg

Stupid question maybe, but that thing looks like it has a brand spakin new interior, you sure it's not a Katrina car?

Yah it looked so good I made sure to run a carfax on it. Its been owned and used in the Bay Area since it was new. Clean title and a steady 10K miles a year put on it- at least that is what I could tell from the SMOG test milage reports on the carfax.

The guy I bought it from had another Lexus SUV (RX) and he just bought a 66 FJ40 so this one had to go. Real nice guy too... its true that you buy a used car you need to really have aa good feel of the previous owner. It gives you a lot of insight into how the car was used and maintained.

Welcome.....nice find.

:flipoff2:

As expected Im already researching OME lifts and tires... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom