dog breeding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was appproched by another heeler owner who wants me to bred my male ..

there is a over population of animals already

i will get a 200.00 stud fee ..

most people do no treat there animals properly ..they leave them out in the cold and wet ,,chain them up to a dog house .. you know treat them like animals not members of the family ..

my dog is a spioled brat and i think all pets should be .. working dogs hunting dogs etc...

i think i answered my own head by typing this ..

what are the mud opinions on this ..

if there is an overpopulation of dogs in the US why do we import muts from overseas?

oh and you are being low balled for the stud fee.

i think it depends on what the pups will be sold for and what kinds of homes they will go to. i breed labs and make sure that my pups go to hunting homes or are going to be spoiled by the owners. you can tell most of the time by talking to the buyers. what kinds of things do people by heelers for? herding? pets? also a lot of people think that since their dog is papered by the AKC, they are good to go and have good lines. that is how a lot of diseases and hip, eye, thyroid, etc problems are born....because two papered dogs don't necessarily mean that they are a good match. if you are serious about doing it, do some research and tell teh dam's owner to do the same. find out what kind of market there is for a well bred heeler and line up some potential buyers. if you have a problem with the overpopulation of the pet world, then don't breed pets...breed working dogs. if you don't think that what your product will be will be distinguished as such, don't breed.

My opinion is geared more towards family pets i guess. But I personally don't understand why people give a s*** about full bred dogs unless it is for a specific purpose such as hunting, tracking, rescue etc. I've always had stray mutts and the people I know who bought a $700 breed just b/c they like the idea of a full bred whatever makes me sick. Go to the pound, find a good trainable dog, train it, love it and spend your $ on something that matters. Seems simple. $200 definately seems way low btw.

out here .new mexico texas heelers are used for herd dogs and pets .healers also make a good family gaurd dog .you will not get in the cruiser when i am not in it already or snoopy knows you ... my dog is of good stock i bred him from 2 dogs i owned one was 3 x removed from australia the female was of old american stock .. both from the same breeder in nothern maryland .. my current male is from those two dogs .. the male was a champ hearder ..my current male is a biscuit dog ... the person who wants me to breed snoopy i have no history on her dog ... or even seen the dog .just looking for views on this subject besides the bashing i got from the ol lady ..

My opinion is geared more towards family pets i guess. But I personally don't understand why people give a s*** about full bred dogs unless it is for a specific purpose such as hunting, tracking, rescue etc. I've always had stray mutts and the people I know who bought a $700 breed just b/c they like the idea of a full bred whatever makes me sick. Go to the pound, find a good trainable dog, train it, love it and spend your $ on something that matters. Seems simple. $200 definately seems way low btw.
heelers are a very special breed:D you just have to own one.

Heelers are an interesting breed and need to be a working dog, IMO. I did dog rescue in Georgia for over 8 years. I saw a lot of working dogs come through rescue because people thought that cute puppy (heeler, border collie, etc.) would be great with their 2 year old kid. Until he started to herd the kid around the yard and "bite" the kid. Off to the pound, can't have a dog that bites the kid.

You won't be able to control where these pups go. You sound like you have a good idea of where you are on this. And, well, it's pretty obvious my opinion here.

Heelers are an interesting breed and need to be a working dog, IMO. I did dog rescue in Georgia for over 8 years. I saw a lot of working dogs come through rescue because people thought that cute puppy (heeler, border collie, etc.) would be great with their 2 year old kid. Until he started to herd the kid around the yard and "bite" the kid. Off to the pound, can't have a dog that bites the kid.

You won't be able to control where these pups go. You sound like you have a good idea of where you are on this. And, well, it's pretty obvious my opinion here.

i had a pair i bread a few times and did not sell dogs to people i had a feeling about .. my male got killed a very sad day .. my female was prego // i got my current dog from them .. spayed my female gave her to a guy with a horse farm sold the rest of my pups to hopefully good homes ... the way people treat there animals is why snoop did not get laid today .. i am being talked into cutting my boys nuts ...not being able to control where the pups go is disturbing ..

my dog does not do children herd them the kids scream and the dog is in trouble ...so it limits my dating big time no women with kids but that is a differnt story all together ..

funny this came up. We just bred our Lab with a good friends lab. The puppies are absolutly gorgous. When we agreed to do it, the dogs were to go to close friends within our circle and my friend with the male lab would get pick of the litter.

Most of the dogs were accounted for by friends until a 3rd party got involved and wanted a puppie (cousin of stud owner). This created a major issue among friends becasue it changed the order in which the puppies were to be given away.

Everyone wanted a male (only two of eight) and the 3rd party got the male despite my pleas with the studs owner. However it was out of my control and I had to change the order of the pups.

Everyone was pissed and words were exchanged between the stud owner and myself that shouldn't have been exchanged. Everyone was pissed, but it's getting resolved.

Long story long. Just make sure you have an agreement with the owners of the dogs so you know what you're getting yourselves to.

I had my Lab rescue pup spayed as soon as she was old enough, she's a gorgeous very dark chocolate brown female Labrador Retriever with full AKC papers. Before her, I was a foster home for Bart, a six year old purebred Lab I took in from a local adoption day event in the Home Depot parking lot. There's waaaaay too many dogs in this world and visiting a "pound" is the saddest thing to witness if you have any deceny at all as a human being. It's truly a disgrace and shame the way we as humans have allowed some to treat animals, especially dogs and cats, er, just dogs :flipoff2: Surely there's a rescue group dedciated to any dog breed out there, try that first.

our three heelers herd the kids,but they seem to know the difference between kids and cattle :D they love kids and the kids love them,and as far as controlling where they go.heelers are always one step ahead of there owner.my girls never run off,not even dads:D except for that one time dads girl took off caving while he was eating

when the cattle wander into the fence my heeler sends them on there way it is too funny to watch him work biting a 1000 lb cow feet to get it outta the yard .. just tell snoop getemup and off he goes no barking just nippin their heels ..

when i am out in the desert and come up on a few cow I will sometimes let snoop do his job /

..I was on a ranchers land where i was not supposed to be .woops .. talked to teh guy got directions off his property .. all was cool till he saw snoop then he seemed a bit suspect as to what i was doing 30 miles into his ranch .. it was blm according to my gps .. not going to argue with a cowboy with a side arm on a horse ...i took his directions and got to a hard road sure beats driving back the creek bed i was in ..

on a cruisers are great off road vehicles note .. he looked at my truck and asked how did i get that far back there from palomas it was not passable except by horse ... i just grinned like a mad man never underestimate the power of a yota :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom