Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I live in Calgary and am looking for rectangle 24v headlights for my HJ60. I went to 4 wheel auto online and it looks like they dont sell them. I called my local Yota dealership and they dont have em.

??????Who sells them??????

Thank you

Andrew

I believe your existing headlights are 12v not 24.

Nope

Just took it out. Sealed 24v 70w light.

I need the whole unit because the lens is smashed (damn winter rocks)

Does anyone have a connection?

Thank you

Hey I live in Calgary and am looking for rectangle 24v headlights for my HJ60. I went to 4 wheel auto online and it looks like they dont sell them. I called my local Yota dealership and they dont have em.

??????Who sells them??????

Thank you

Andrew

Is it a HJ61 you have? Rectangler headlights? my 1986 Hj60 has round 12v headkights

Yes I am 100% sure. I have an HJ60, with a 24v electrical system. I looked on that silver plate on my firewall which said (HJ60) and my headlight said 24v - 70w

So, does anyone know where I can get headlights? (Rectangle ones?)

Yes I am 100% sure. I have an HJ60, with a 24v electrical system. I looked on that silver plate on my firewall which said (HJ60) and my headlight said 24v - 70w

So, does anyone know where I can get headlights? (Rectangle ones?)

What year? Post pic?

The pictures

O.k. here are the pictures. 1988 HJ60. JDM-24v Vinplate.JPG 24vbulb.JPG Yota.JPG
Vinplate.JPG
24vbulb.JPG
Yota.JPG

HJ60 ... not Canadian Market ?

As you know, the HJ60 in Cdn trim came with 12V headlights, even though the rest of the truck is 24V.

David---The JDM HJ60 (2H not 12HT) is pretty much completely 24V like the HJ61.

Funksolid, you want some H4 LHD units, then source out the clear 3M product that covers the glass, and will not yellow with age. I need replace some lights on Petra's HJ61 due to cracked lenses this last winter...and somewhere in the depths of my e-mail records is reference to the 3M product.

gb

Looks like that baby has a high roof, so it is probably a JDM unit. You want Hella lights:

Hella 72150 (Kit of 2 H4 low beams)
Hella 72151 (Kit of 2 H1 high beams)

Just take the 12V bulbs out that come with the lights and throw in the 24Vs. If you replace the high beams you have to insulate the housing as it will ground out and cause the highs to stay on. I used rubberized rocker guard on the contact points it has held up very well. Some people also replace the wiring harness.

Last edited:
I get 24v lights for my 53 Harmon 4X4 at Napa or big rig part house.

Hope this helps

Looks like that baby has a high roof, so it is probably a JDM unit. You want Hella lights:

Hella 72150 (Kit of 2 H4 low beams)
Hella 72151 (Kit of 2 H1 high beams)

Just take the 12V bulbs out that come with the lights and throw in the 24Vs. If you replace the high beams you have to insulate the housing as it will ground out and cause the highs to stay on. I used rubberized rocker guard on the contact points it has held up very well. Some people also replace the wiring harness.

x2

You can also pick up the lights at Canadian tire or Parts Source or something. Bosche lights work, too but I don't think they have the DOT stamp on em, whereas I think the Hella do. You chould be able to find the 24v bulbs at most big truck places like Road King, Freightliner, Kenworth or repair places maybe even farm equipment dealers. I know Lordco has them, but I have only seen their stores in the lower mainland.

I believe the HJ61s were round lights until the switch over to square in about
1988?

-kevin

The Hellas carry the SAE stamp on them. They went through the provincial inspection on my HJ61 just fine.

x2

You can also pick up the lights at Canadian tire or Parts Source or something. Bosche lights work, too but I don't think they have the DOT stamp on em, whereas I think the Hella do. You chould be able to find the 24v bulbs at most big truck places like Road King, Freightliner, Kenworth or repair places maybe even farm equipment dealers. I know Lordco has them, but I have only seen their stores in the lower mainland.

I believe the HJ61s were round lights until the switch over to square in about
1988?

-kevin

The Bosch H4 conversion kits lacking a DOT stamp is not an issue in Canada either as CMVSS 108.1 allows the usage of "E" code headlamps lacking DOT markings:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/acts-regulations/GENERAL/m/mvsa/regulations/mvsrg/100/mvsr108_1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom