Floor mats don't fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kaderabek

GOLD Star
Threads
OK, this is a really mundane question and I apologize in advance. And I did search but found nothing related. I bought a set of all-weather (rubber) mats from the dealer for my 2001 double cab Tacoma. The front mats don't really seem to fit correctly. There is no taper on the inside rear of the mats like on the cloth mats, which causes them to sit up on the hump. Before I drive all the way back out to the dealer, I was wondering if any of you have Toyota all-weather mats that do fit correctly. Or if this is just what I'll have to live with (or return them and get something along the lines of a Husky mat).

Again, sorry. Floor mat tech.... :rolleyes:

TJK

OK, this is a really mundane question and I apologize in advance. And I did search but found nothing related. I bought a set of all-weather (rubber) mats from the dealer for my 2001 double cab Tacoma. The front mats don't really seem to fit correctly. There is no taper on the inside rear of the mats like on the cloth mats, which causes them to sit up on the hump. Before I drive all the way back out to the dealer, I was wondering if any of you have Toyota all-weather mats that do fit correctly. Or if this is just what I'll have to live with (or return them and get something along the lines of a Husky mat).

Again, sorry. Floor mat tech.... :rolleyes:

TJK

What is the part number on the mats? Are they black or color matched to the interior?

I can check to see if you got the correct parts...

Jacque

Excellent -- thanks very much.

They are tan, part # PT206-3504F-16 for the front and PT206-3503B-16 for the rear.

Much appreciated.

TJK

I was afraid of that.

Have you seen these in Tacomas? I wish I had my camera with me, I could show you what I mean.

Thanks.

TJK

Here we go.

Am I being too picky? Seems like they should fit flat in the flat space.

TJK
DSCF0770s.jpg
DSCF0773s.jpg
DSCF0776s.jpg

She and I will have to get together and gripe about it at the Roundup. I want to see that truck anyway.

Oh well. I appreciate you looking into it. I suppose I'll just live with them as they are.

TJK

or return them!

Or Return them and get the Husky Liner mats. Front and rear in my 02 dc and they are great no movement and hold lots of water (from melting snow)

Jay in NY

I may do that. I think it's totally weird that that Toyota sells these.

TJK

I've got Husky liners front and back in my ext. cab and they're great. They hold a lot of water and fit perfect. ...Steve

She and I will have to get together and gripe about it at the Roundup. I want to see that truck anyway.

Oh well. I appreciate you looking into it. I suppose I'll just live with them as they are.

TJK

Unfortunately, Barb is not going to Round up, The plan right now is for Chris and I to flat tow his 40 behind my 06 Taco...

I agree it is pretty chicken s*** for those mats not to fit right...

Jacque

Didn't know Chris had a 40.

Looking forward to the Roundup for sure!

TJK

OK, I'm taking them back to the dealer. They should fit and they don't.

Found front and rear Husky mats online for $88.90 delivered. Done.

Thanks!

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom