Will my 33's fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We've talked about this before on here, except this time there is one thing a little different. I put my shackles on last night, which got me 2 inches (it looks like a lot actually). I still have to put the AAL's in, but probably won't get those in until sometime next week/weekend. Meanwhile, I've got my new wheels (Enkei two piece alum. forged, 15x8.5's), and my new tires (Firestone Destination MT's, 33x12.5) in waiting, and I'm feelin like a kid on Christmas. I want to put them on!!!:crybaby: Will they fit with just the shackles, for the short term, until I get the leafs in? It looks like they will to me, and by taking only half ass accurate measurements with a tape, seem that they will. Whatdya think?

I bet they will fit. Some 33's will fit on stock suspension but you wont get that much flex out of it. When you get them on just check if they rub when the wheel is turned from lock to lock. Also depends on if you are planning on doing any wheeling before you through the AAL's on. I would put them on if it was me though they look so much better on bigger tires.

I clear 33x12.5 Destination ATs on mine with only a shackle lift. Rubbing may depend on your backspacing. Mine doesn't rub even at full stuff. I may still do AALs just to get a little more clearance.

Hodag

I bet they will fit. Some 33's will fit on stock suspension but you wont get that much flex out of it. When you get them on just check if they rub when the wheel is turned from lock to lock. Also depends on if you are planning on doing any wheeling before you through the AAL's on. I would put them on if it was me though they look so much better on bigger tires.

Yea, if I do do any wheelin, it will be mild. But I double I will even do that before doin the leafs, cuz like I said it will probably only be a week or so before I install the AAL's. I was gonna do it tonight, but now my help is leaving town for the weekend, and having never done them before, not sure if I feel comfortable tackling it by myself.

i ran 33x10.5s on stock rims not lift for a day until i got the new springs on . little bit of rub on turns with bumps, but not bad. my springs were literally flat though.

I clear 33x12.5 Destination ATs on mine with only a shackle lift. Rubbing may depend on your backspacing. Mine doesn't rub even at full stuff. I may still do AALs just to get a little more clearance.

Hodag

That's good to know. What's the lift on your shackles?

My shackles are 2" over stock, so 1" of lift roughly.

Hodag

Bitchin! My shackles are actually 2 inches of lift, so I should be fine til I get the leafs in next week.

mtb can you post a picture of your wheels and give some more info. they sound interesting

mtb can you post a picture of your wheels and give some more info. they sound interesting

Will do tomorrow! The wheels and tires both are at my sister's place. (I picked them up last weekend and no place to keep them at my apt.) Going to pick them up in the morning to have them mounted, and I will post pics then. Keep an eye out for the post.

Awesome. Living in apartments can be frustrating. And I dont even pay the rent my dad does. haha.

Especially this little hole! They call it a "super studio". Basically a tiny ass one bedroom. Lease is up next month, and I'm movin up. Would love to get a place with a garage for all the cruiser projects, though my boss lets me use the shop whenever, and all my tools are there...

that sounds nice. cant wait to be on my own. no garage here, and getting packages... such a hassle, they put them in the office that closes at 5:30

that sounds nice. cant wait to be on my own. no garage here, and getting packages... such a hassle, they put them in the office that closes at 5:30

ours closes at 5:00... bastards... my fiance:cheers::princess: sent me a package and i got it today and i wanna know what it is... i think she is more excited about it than i am:doh:...

Mine closes at 6. When I am expecting something and know that I won't be home in time, I just call them and they will usually leave it on my doorstep for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom