what spindle does kaymar use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey. I've got an old kaymar without spindles on it. IT IS/WAS made with the appropriate holes to weld in spindles, but I'm not sure what application they got theirs from...

Basically, I'd like to know which spindle drops in there so I can get a pair and weld 'em in.:)

TIA, :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Slee Offroad makes a spindle kit for DIY bumpers, you should call them and see if it would fit:beer:

if I bought two of their spindles ONLY. I'd already be past what I paid for the whole bumper...

looking more for what I can get from a local rebuider/parts house for less cash. thanks though.

nice, thanks!

Hey Philos, I had played around with the idea of using stock front spindles. That way you will have a spare or two if they are ever needed on the trail. Plus they are way beefy and have stout berings.

Dynosoar :zilla:

you coming by tomorrow? I'll be there around 11:00 or noon if you wanna hang out(working late again), I'm gonna PM manuchao too...

hey. I've got an old kaymar without spindles on it. IT IS/WAS made with the appropriate holes to weld in spindles, but I'm not sure what application they got theirs from...

Basically, I'd like to know which spindle drops in there so I can get a pair and weld 'em in.:)

TIA, :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Philos, what did you ever come up with, if anything? I just got a used Kaymar with a single spindle and want to add one on the other side for a jerry can holder... Did you try emailing Kaymar to see if they'd sell you a spindle?? :confused:

Thanks,
S.

Ironpig Offroad sells a setup for $31. It uses a solid steel shaft, oil impregnated bushings and outer tubing to weld your tire carrier to.
Or you could make your own with solid steel round bar and pipe from a steel shop, and get the bushings at a bearing shop.

I ended up buying some spindles from Northern Tool with bearings. I forget which ones exactly, still haven't gotten to it yet. Funny this should come up as I was looking at it yesterday, so maybe soon I'll have an answer as to whether or not they work.

Ironpig Offroad sells a setup for $31. It uses a solid steel shaft, oil impregnated bushings and outer tubing to weld your tire carrier to.
Or you could make your own with solid steel round bar and pipe from a steel shop, and get the bushings at a bearing shop.

Is this for the Kaymar spindle?

Ok, guys, thanks for the answers... I'll stay tuned.

S.

Oh, and forget about trying to e-mail Kaymar or MAF (US distributor) never got anything but the run around or an offer to buy one with spindles for full retail- FAWK THAT!

Is this for the Kaymar spindle?
Oops, No, Didn't read the post well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom