would this be a good Rad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the illustration is to be believed you will be getting an aluminum core radiator instead of brass like the OEM piece.

Baran,

QUICKLY, and I mean QUICKLY get an OEM radiator on order from CDan...

Do some searches to see what happens if you don't :)

Oh, and the standard answer is no, nothing is as good as OEM

Last edited:
I have seen posts where people bought the aftermarkets and had issues. The oem radiator with the mud discount from cruiserdan is the best bet. Replace the tstat as well.

I build a lot of highend liquid cooled computers mostly for fun and friends. I have built many with multi rad setups using differnt metals for what we call in the bizz a water block, these are the parts that have water flowing through them and also mount agints the chips set you are trying to cool mostly used for extream overclocking of CPU and GPU. We NEVER would use aliuimum in the rad or the waterblocks. copper is a much better transfer of heat . IF theses aftermarkt use Aluimum. I really would rather go with a brass one if copper is not being used.

That said I don't really have the cash.. to spend $500 on a rad right now but I will if i must ..what are cruiser Dan's prices like?

p.s. I can't spell worth crap :)

where in the ad does it say aluminum core? it offers a lifetime warrenty. I had one of these in a bronco for 4 years never had any issues with it.

let me take another look. If it dose not say I would assume they use an aluminum core as it would be the cheapest.

also I really dont want any plastice parts on it. just looking at the orignal on the truck you get the feeling that this rad is a tank I would hate to replace it with plastic.

hummm really dose not give to much info about what they use to build it.

Last edited:
Baran,

Its your truck do what you want to do. I bought a radiators express radiator about 4 yrs ago for my '94 it worked great I felt great I saved a few bucks.

less than 2 yrs after that The radiator failed and I bought a toyota radiator from Dan. The fit was better and I have every expectation of it lasting a long long time. It actually wasn't that much more expensive. If you want to feel even better get a price from your local toyota dealer and then compare that to what Cdan can get the same part to you for.

The only nice thing about redoing the radiator twice wwithin 2 yrs. is that the second time goes much faster because its so familiar and the fasteners are all still slippery with antisieze....while yer at it go for toyota red coolant.

good luck.:beer:

hey man thanks for the good reply. i have a pm into dan now asking about the Rad and stat also a good alternaitor.

All factory 80 series radiators have phenolic (plastic) tanks. If you do not want plastic tanks you need to seek an aftermarket radiator.

really Cdan ? maybe I missunderstand the "tank" part of the Rad. My current rad is metal on top where the cap is installed and all along the top I guesss I assumed this was the tank but I have a lot to learn. what is the "tank" if not the top covering?

Last edited:
I bought a cheap 3.0 V6 4x4 T-100 one time, cheap, why?

Because it ran on five cylinders.

Why, because it came from the factory with a Plastic top and bottom rad. like the one I saw in the link.

The guy was driving it the plastic split and he did not see the temp go up, it melted down.

Price a 1JZ they're cheap, a dime a dozen, put the cheapest rad. you can find in it.

Plastic does NOT belong in front of a $4-$6,000 motor.

Buy the best it deserves it even though you think it doesn't

IH8W8

All 80's come with plastic tank rads. If yours isn't, it's been replaced. And apparently failed.

-Spike

Even though it's got plastic on it, I think the 94 OEM is the best Rad for the front of the 80. Too many problems with aftermarket metal ones.

Buy the best it deserves it even though you think it doesn't

IH8W8

I only want to put quality in my LC and i'm willing to pay extra for it with out hesitation. just trying to find out what is best... so LC gods......drum roll....what is the best rad to replace my current one with?

Even though it's got plastic on it, I think the 94 OEM is the best Rad for the front of the 80. Too many problems with aftermarket metal ones.

ok! and what should I expect to pay for one.

a 2 core ALUMINUM rad is as efficient as a 4 core copper

HINT Buy alum.

I'll try to find a vendor.

really? I have some pratice with heat disipation through different metals all be it coming from a completly differant angle ( computer CPU cooling) and we would always use copper in place on aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom