hard top to soft top conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:) hey everyone, I was interested in taking off my hard top for the summer. Is it worth the time, money, and effort to switch the hard top off. if I was going to get a summer top from SOR and the half doors from SOR. Would there be any modification needed?

i took my top off 12 years ago for summer and it never got put back on,all i run is half doors and bikini all yaer long but im in tx so winters are not that bad.youll have to put window channel on for bikini top but thats it and its easy

I swapped the hard top for a bikini top for years. You will need some friends to get that top on and off, it is a PIA. You may want to chop the front bars that go into the hole at the door area to make it easier to come off and on. I would suggest taking it off at the begginning of summer, earliest possible and then back on late in the summer. My cruiser is surprisingly warm in the summer with a good front heater and the stock doors/bikini top. But this all depends on where you live I guess.

Noah

dooo itttt

Last edited:
i think every vindor has bolt on gates, but i love my stock lay down gate(retro cool):banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom