1997 Alarm/Keyless Entry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

johnny4ever

Test appropriately
Threads
Website
www.popartdavis.com
I am assuming from the search results I read that many alarms and keyless entry systems were not factory installed.

I have a problem.
Can I disable my alarm? Has anyone been here before? I have a 1997 CE Landcruiser and I want to disable the alarm.

Here is what my key looks like.
Any help is appreciated.
mykey.JPG

Disable as in completely take it out, turn it off, or ??

Not sure what alarm system you have but on my '97 LX450 and on my '97 FZJ80 AE if I lock the doors manually without using the fob/remote then the alarm is in effect "disabled".

Not sure the key tells you anything other than you have a fancy key with an alarm fob integrated with it ala newer Lexus vehicles (maybe Toyota as well?).

that does look OEM to me.

Disable as in completely take it out, turn it off, or ??

Not sure what alarm system you have but on my '97 LX450 and on my '97 FZJ80 AE if I lock the doors manually without using the fob/remote then the alarm is in effect "disabled".

That helps. I will just go manual until I make up my mind to completely un-install or disable.

J

That helps. I will just go manual until I make up my mind to completely un-install or disable.

J

Question...Do you have the Toyota "Security" dealyo on the dash? Looks like this --> pic

The one with the LED that blinks when the alarm is active? Also, have you looked under the driver's seat for the alarm control unit to see what you have?

Last thing is if you go to Slee's site and then the tech links (IIRC) there is some info on the alarm system (RS3000 I think) that might help.

Ok, I lied ;p One more question. Why do you want to disable your alarm?

Question...Do you have the Toyota "Security" dealyo on the dash? Looks like this --> pic

Nope mine is on the small panel between the steering column and the a pillar. It is just a springloaded button inside a square with a red light.

Ok, I lied ;p One more question. Why do you want to disable your alarm?

Because I really dont need it. A pro will steal it anyway even if it were working properly. I would like the keyless entry to work so if they are not independent systems I will have to keep the stupid security system.

I just want it to work.

I just recently had this problem. My alarm system, however, is an aftermarket that was added by the dealer. The power locks started doing weird things like not working or locking and unlocking while I was driving. the only solution was to not just disable the alarm but bypass it entirely, because the power locks were wired into the alarm.

The local alarm/car audio place charged me $65 to do it since I'm hopeless with electrical. Now, unfortunately, if I want keyless entry I need a new alarm.

[/size]

Nope mine is on the small panel between the steering column and the a pillar. It is just a springloaded button inside a square with a red light.

Because I really dont need it. A pro will steal it anyway even if it were working properly. I would like the keyless entry to work so if they are not independent systems I will have to keep the stupid security system.

I just want it to work.

Makes sense. Sounds like you are in the same boat at Tony and may have to take the 80 in for professional help :frown:

If you can get the name of the manufacturer of your system maybe, just maybe, you can google it and come up with links to manuals on the web. I would imagine the keyless entry is integral to alarm but you never know if there is a way to disable one part. If the alarm doesn't have a vehicle diable function then maybe you can just cut the leads to everything but keyless entry :confused:

That is a Securikey+ system that was port installed by Gulf States Toyota. If you search, I think someone has scanned a manual before.

That is a Securikey+ system that was port installed by Gulf States Toyota. If you search, I think someone has scanned a manual before.

LoneStar is Correct.

I have JPG scans that another member sent to me. The quality is not very good but it is better than nothing. PM me an e-mail address and I will send them to you.

One of these days I will update my web site to include these plus 3 or 4 more alarm manuals that I have acquired from other 'Mud members.

-B-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom