Shotts' Lexus now with Slee 6" lift (details): (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shotts LX Part III: :D

Lift's on looks good. Very happy with that. This gives me a "different" Cruiser for the first time. I expect it to impress the s***ts out of me so I can 100-bash. :D I thought the Slee springs would be punishing on an unloaded truck. Not the case, though they are stiffer. :)

Those new front arms are tanks for sure. Damn, they look good too.

I went straight to the alignment shop and here's the caster readings:

-0.4 with a range of -0.8 to 0.8

So how does this measure up?

We had the rear arms dialed in pretty well with the front shaft out. NEVER were there any vibrations or gear noises or anything except for a very short grrr at higher speeds ONLY while slowing. This was VERY tolerable and we might even eliminated the slight grrr if we kept adjusting. We were really close to prrrrfect.

So we added in the D/C front shaft and tested. There's some vibes here and there and slight shudder below 50 MPH though it's liveable for sure. Above 50 MPH some gear noise starts and you feel vibes and noise increase as you go faster. There's a tad more grrr here and there now at higher speeds. I only got a short 2 miles freeway drive. We're going to re-drive tomorrow and re-look at those rear arms. Other than that there's nothing we can do except OME C/C bushings in the front arms.

Meanwhile.....how's the caster reading? Do we need C/C bushing in the arms?

Shotts LX Part III: :D

Other than that there's nothing we can do except OME C/C bushings in the front arms.

Meanwhile.....how's the caster reading? Do we need C/C bushing in the arms?

This amount of lift is beyond my experience, but I think you want a lot more castor correction than the bushings can give you.

EDIT: I was thinking reversed polarity when I wrote this, i.e that he had negative castor.

Last edited:
This amount of lift is beyond my experience, but I think you want a lot more castor correction than the bushings can give you.

Oh yes. I have 10* (?) in the Slee Front Arms. You can also add OME C/C to his arms for even more if needed. (3 and 5* more)

...and the moral of the story is...

:flipoff2:

This thread is worthless without pictures!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

It's filthy.....but here's some quick shotts. With 6", 35's, and the cut frames and fab'd bumpers the thing has amazing app and dep angles. Can't wait to wheel Saturday. OH...no....it's not crooked...it's the street.

131435407-O.jpg

131435416-O.jpg

131435430-O.jpg

So John,
You really should plan a trip through Colorado some time and allow a day to have Christo look at your vib issue. Lots of great wheeling up here and you can have some fun while you get it fixed.

Hmmm... looks crooked and sagging (in the rear), but if that's gotten rid of the vibration, I wouldn't mess with it.

too high! :D

you got me puzzled there for a sec with your pseudo caster readings...

congrats again on the bumpers and angles...!

So John,
You really should plan a trip through Colorado some time and allow a day to have Christo look at your vib issue. Lots of great wheeling up here and you can have some fun while you get it fixed.

I think I'm good. If I see Mr. Slee down the road I'd like him to drive the truck (if I can trust him to not roll it like his avatar shows :D ).

I just got back from some highway driving. I can live with it. It's smooth at some speeds and a little buzzy at others. Below 50 it's pretty smooth. Only a couple of "rough" spots....though only slight.

So, I'm done. We'll adjust the rear arms tomorrow about a half turn in each direction. See what's best and tighten them up. DONE!

Thanks for everyone's patience. Even those who de-subscribed. :D

congrats, it looks great! :cheers: but i agree, maybe you should cruise up to colorado to have Christo look at it for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom