mvm....garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
Did you end up building a 2 car garage at your house? If you don't mind me asking....How much did you end up spending on it? did you do the labor?

My pos falling over block garage needs to go and I will need to build soemthing new but I have no idea about a cost.

Did you end up building a 2 car garage at your house? If you don't mind me asking....How much did you end up spending on it? did you do the labor?

My pos falling over block garage needs to go and I will need to build soemthing new but I have no idea about a cost.

Marty,

Yes, I did. Hired a contractor to do it..paid cash.

Spent 13.5K on it..what they call "Turn-Key" meaning they just hand you keys when there done and that's it.

Found out block walls were just as expensive as wood. Got the overhead door, 2 windows and a steel side door for that price.

Living in U.A. had alot to do with the price I have a feeling. Should be able to do it for 10K I would think..

That's kinda what I was thinking around 10k or so. I assume with UA you had to deal with permits and crap. My mom's an architect for my dad so at least I get free plans out of the deal. Trying to get my dad to have his framers build the walls and trusses and he can bring them down on his trailer. A couple nails and some shingles and I'll be good to go.

did that include the concrete slab?

That's kinda what I was thinking around 10k or so. I assume with UA you had to deal with permits and crap. My mom's an architect for my dad so at least I get free plans out of the deal. Trying to get my dad to have his framers build the walls and trusses and he can bring them down on his trailer. A couple nails and some shingles and I'll be good to go.

That's half the battle IMO. The actual building it should be easy to do.

The guys that did my trusses built them on site and said it was actually cheaper than assembling them off site and have a crane set them.

It did include the slab and a walk around the garage. I priced some out materials alone (was thinking of doing it myself) and it totalled 6500 in materials.

If you don't have permits and such things will go quickly and easy.

Alll I need to do know is find 10k....
I'll have to do the permit bs, I live in the city.
thanks for the info

Alll I need to do know is find 10k....
I'll have to do the permit bs, I live in the city.
thanks for the info

It took me some time to come up with it..but glad we had it done. The garage (new/nicer etc.) was a big boost for us on a daily level as a family. If you have a pad and structure to work from, you will get off on price cheaper. I had to redo the foundation..everything.

Just raised my fawkin' property taxes..:mad:

Sometimes I wonder if I had it right back in my single days. Live in an apartment, no worries, no pets, no kids.

Just play...:lol:

my current unit has shifted anf the floor is buckled, its a pos. I also want the front of the garage to be where the rear of the cuurent one is.

my current unit has shifted anf the floor is buckled, its a pos. I also want the front of the garage to be where the rear of the cuurent one is.

Well you get to a stage you need some dick beaters down there to help..just say the word.

Demo is our specialty up here...just rent a dumpster and we'll filler up..

I'll let you know, the demo is the fun part. I wonder how many dumpster for a one car concrete block walls, floor, and s***ty roof. dumpster will have to be at the road, I'll get a bobcat.

I'll let you know, the demo is the fun part. I wonder how many dumpster for a one car concrete block walls, floor, and s***ty roof. dumpster will have to be at the road, I'll get a bobcat.

Yeah, demo it yourself or you'll $$$ for the builder to do it. They have to come in and grade the area anyways.

20 Yard dumpster up here costs 350.00 bucks for 4-5 days then hauled away.

Bobcats up here for rentals are 180.00 for a weekend, plus 50.00 stones if they have to deliver it.

Just for reference. I'd say you would be good on a 20 yard dumpster for that.

Do it in stages..tear down in the spring. Do the pad and footer this summer, frame and roof it fall.

Once you get it under roof the rest is cake.

Marty,

Having built a few houses IMHO you can build it yourself. Once the floor is poured and cured the walls can go up in a day. The roof up in another. A long weekend and it's enclosed. Then you finish at your leisure. Just make sure the wife and kids are somewhere else for that weekend and send yer cell phone with them (in the trunk of their car if need be...) :D

I'd be happy to lend a hand when you get to doing... I have framing nail guns and a compressor or two.

Nick

Marty,

Having built a few houses IMHO you can build it yourself. Once the floor is poured and cured the walls can go up in a day. The roof up in another. A long weekend and it's enclosed. Then you finish at your leisure. Just make sure the wife and kids are somewhere else for that weekend and send yer cell phone with them (in the trunk of their car if need be...) :D

I'd be happy to lend a hand when you get to doing... I have framing nail guns and a compressor or two.

Nick

Chances are I will end up doing it myself. When? I don't know. Hopefully soon, but I'll be ordering my kitchen very soon. Obviously the only thing stopping me is money. I'll let everyone know when I do it. :beer:

If I may make a suggestion:rolleyes: ; if this is going to be your wrenchin garage, I would consider spending the money for an overhead trolley winch.

Reinforce the roof framing for a steel beam to run the winch. You will thank me later:D

If I may make a suggestion:rolleyes: ; if this is going to be your wrenchin garage, I would consider spending the money for an overhead trolley winch.

Reinforce the roof framing for a steel beam to run the winch. You will thank me later:D

Good suggestion...also 9 foot sills with an 8 foot door.

When the 40 was here on 37s it wouldn't fit in the garage. The Truggy on the same wheels will.

Be nice to roll in with a roof rack or something on the 40 someday and Karls overhead pully would make getting the hard top off a snap.

Definately 8' foot door, my roof scraps by a 7' door. Hopefully I cna keep my 40 under 7' though even as tires get bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom