Sweet FJ62 Biodiesel, Who's rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have pics of a really nice 62 outside of Carbondale, CO. Who's rig? I am broke from buying various cruiser parts, cannot buy a star right now..I will email pics if someone wants to post them.

Are you talking about the white one with the plate "BIOCRUZ", I saw it Saturday afternoon cruising down Hwy 133?

geoffk,

That is it.

I have thew pics and wanted to resize and post but just got home from work and am exhausted and the computer wont cooperate so off to sleep...sorry...

Here is that Cruiser I was talking about
DSCN1148.JPG
DSCN1149.JPG

Old thread I know, but thought that I would share.

It's one of Proffitts Cruisers builds: Cummins 4BTA, NV4500, etc. It has dual tanks and runs on veggie oil. It belongs to an Aspen school teacher/ flyfishing guide.

Sweet truck and fun to drive.

However he wants 29K for it, which as nice as it might be seems a bit over the top...

but that's just me

Old thread I know, but thought that I would share.

It's one of Proffitts Cruisers builds: Cummins 4BTA, NV4500, etc. It has dual tanks and runs on veggie oil. It belongs to an Aspen school teacher/ flyfishing guide.

Sweet truck and fun to drive.

Exactly the engine/tranny combo I want for my truck. I wonder how difficult redoing the electronics was as far as removing all the EFI stuff and rewiring the power to the fusebox. Wonder how much was spent and how long it took 'em from start to finish, too. They're the guys I plan on going to when I'm finally able to put the 4BT in my rig.

That dual tank setup sounds cool too, though now that a 38gal tank has been figured out for 60 series trucks, I'll just go that route :D

i wouldnt be surprised if he is barely breaking even. your looking around 11-14K$$$ just in the conversion. add on a few more thousand for the veggie kit, bumpers$$$, rack$$, 5 spare tires$$
and one very nice FJ62. i doubt he'll be making much, if any money off the sell. this cruiser will make somebody very happy.

However he wants 29K for it, which as nice as it might be seems a bit over the top...

but that's just me

i wouldnt be surprised if he is barely breaking even. your looking around 11-14K$$$ just in the conversion. add on a few more thousand for the veggie kit, bumpers$$$, rack$$, 5 spare tires$$
and one very nice FJ62. i doubt he'll be making much, if any money off the sell. this cruiser will make somebody very happy.

He shouldn't expect to *make* money on such a project, or at least that's my opinion. But I've been proven wrong so many times by the fickle Cruiser market that I can't keep track, if the right buyer comes along and coughs up $30K, more power to him.

I'm too new to the whole cruiser market to get a feel for it, but from race cars and restoration projects one never makes back the investment. But then again i could be very wrong about the ups and downs of the cruiser market.

I'm sure the new owner will love it.

right, all i was saying was that if you were to start from scratch and end up with a cruiser like that you'd be looking at about that price range.

exiled, hows the cruiser doing? anything new? i dont know if you remember, but mine was one of the white 62s at proffitts, i was supposed to drive it up to alaska last summer but had string of problems and had to replace the head days before our trip so its just been sitting in utah. i never really got a chance to drive it much.
anyway, if you get a chance could you send me a photo of your rear shock set up? mine only have about 2" of compression for some reason. hope all is well.
cheers,
herb

does anybody know what brand or who made the rear bumper setup with the ladder? that is cool!

does anybody know what brand or who made the rear bumper setup with the ladder? that is cool!

I was thinking the same! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom